GLi.net USB150 partially bricked

Newbie here, hello everyone.

I no longer have access to my router after a failed config attempt. It seems that it does not assign ip address to itself anymore, and its dhcp server failed. I could not acces anything using the script...

for i in {0..255} do ip a a 192.168.$i.7/24 dev [device name] wget http://192.167.$i.1/ telnet 192.168.$i.1 ssh root@192.168.$i.1 done

Is there anyway to retrieve/reset it? It seems that the reset button is broken as well. The wireless seems to work fine. Two leds lit. SSID visible, connectable, but no ip address being give out.

Regards,
Kings

Check if its ipv6 is still working.

I didn't get any ip address from it, it seems that what I have is auto. And I don't know its ipv6 address is.

As long as IPv6 is enabled on your PC, you can check the neighbours of the PC to find the IPv6 of the router. In linux use ip neigh show. For windows look it up.

It does not come up even ipv6

First try the "Reset" button

Press the reset button for 10 seconds using a paperclip or pin (it is underneath the hole on the seam between the two halves of the case).

https://openwrt.org/toh/gl.inet/gl.inet_gl-usb150

Or add a serial console on the RX,TX, GND pins

Serial

port.serial general information about the serial port, serial port cable, etc.

How to connect to the Serial Port of this specific device:

Three soldering pads/holes can be seen inside the red rectangle, marked TX, RX and GND.

pcb_frontside_annotated_1024px.jpg

My soldering skill is very bad... the reset button seems to be broken too. Seems like a dead end, right?

understood,

is the button possibly stuck ?

OR

you could if you wanted connect serial console without soldering by using

suddenly the ipv6 address comes up! now the password... is long forgotten...

cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00040000 00010000 "u-boot"
mtd1: 00010000 00010000 "u-boot-env"
mtd2: 00fa0000 00010000 "firmware"
mtd3: 001a0000 00010000 "kernel"
mtd4: 00e00000 00010000 "rootfs"
mtd5: 00c10000 00010000 "rootfs_data"
mtd6: 00010000 00010000 "art"

where should I mtd write the sysupgrade.bin to?

If you have access to console and run the failsafe you can either fix the problem it got you here, reset the password, and reset to defaults. https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/troubleshooting/failsafe_and_factory_reset
From there you can upgrade the image.

I am able to ssh in now, but luci is totally fxxked. no sysupgrade as it is not supported. I am trying mtd. will binwalk the sysupgrade.bin works?

Luci is using sysupgrade.
It sounds like you should do a reset to factory, rather than trying with mtd.

the reset button doesn't response... seems that previous flash was only partial.

I didn't say to reset with the button. If you read the failsafe page, you'll see the firstboot command. If that doesn't fix things, you can see what you can do with mtd.

sorry, didn't get that...

A little update here after one day...

Ssh into the router again, done a firstboot, reboot ok, but luci seems incomplete and no ipv4. did a sysupgrade with latest release. now no more ipv6. the light stuck with only the power led, never flashed, nothing booted.