GL-MT300A Internal SD Card

I've got an old GL-MT300A that I've been messing about with. It's main limitation is the amount of storage (/overlay) that's available. I can just about get tor working before I run out of space...

The nice thing about this router when it came out was the internal sd card slot. At the moment it has a 64Gb card installed.

Is there a way to use this card? I've looked at https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/additional-software/extroot_configuration but I can't seem find the card. If I stick a USB drive in I can see that but not the sd card.

Anyone got this working?

Did you install the requisite packages and format the card as ext4?

1 Like

I installed block-mount, kmod-fs-ext4, e2fsprogs, parted, kmod-usb-storage, but when I do an ls /dev I can't see the sd card to format it

ubus call system baord
block info
1 Like

root@OpenWrt:~# ubus call system board
{
"kernel": "5.15.150",
"hostname": "OpenWrt",
"system": "MediaTek MT7620A ver:2 eco:6",
"model": "GL-MT300A",
"board_name": "glinet,gl-mt300a",
"rootfs_type": "squashfs",
"release": {
"distribution": "OpenWrt",
"version": "23.05.3",
"revision": "r23809-234f1a2efa",
"target": "ramips/mt7620",
"description": "OpenWrt 23.05.3 r23809-234f1a2efa"
}

/dev/mtdblock5: UUID="32ea1c11-081e7c3e-0a63eb39-00bc3503" VERSION="4.0" MOUNT="/rom" TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/mtdblock6: MOUNT="/overlay" TYPE="jffs2"

You might need these packages:

mmc_core
mmc_block
sdhci
mtk_sd

Also, try with a smaller SD card in case the card slot is only SDHC compatible.

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for your help, the above led me to this

which helped fixed the issue

1 Like

great!

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.