I have router GL-iNet GL-B1300, snapshot image openwrt-ipq40xx-glinet_gl-b1300-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin.
Everything seemed to work until I realized I am not able to create working VLAN200 at WAN port thus eth1 is probably not directly connected to the WAN port, although it was somewhat presented by default snapshot configuration.
Nevermind, it is snapshot version so I tried to find out the truth. And here comes the (my) confusion.
It seems that switch ports are used in this way:
- port:0 = SoC ethernet (dunno which one exactly see below)
- port:1 = unused (not connected)
- port:2 = unused (not connected)
- port:3 = LAN1
- port:4 = LAN2
- port:5 = WAN
I didn't find second ethernet connection to the SoC.
swconfig dev switch0 show shows:
ports: 0 3 4
ports: 0t 5
In (l)uci, only VLAN1 is (preconfigured).
(Second confusion: I don't see any "VLAN 2" configuration in /etc/config/)
From SoC view:
- eth0 = bridged together with wifi's to br-lan
- eth1 = wan port
But I am unable to see where is eth1 really connected?!?
I end with my scenario finally working (on WAN port there is "untagged" and "vlan200" connections at the same time), but quite weird settings:
- Patched /etc/board.d/02_network (and then /etc/board.json rebuilded):
--- /etc/board.d/02_network.orig 2018-06-01 21:01:03.000000000 +0200 +++ /etc/board.d/02_network 2018-06-06 12:14:27.685655579 +0200 @@ -36,7 +36,7 @@ glinet,gl-b1300) ucidef_set_interfaces_lan_wan "eth0" "eth1" ucidef_add_switch "switch0" \ - "0u@eth0" "3:lan" "4:lan" + "0u@eth0" "3:lan" "4:lan" "5:wan" ;; openmesh,a42 |\ openmesh,a62)
(any my attempt to include SoC's eth1 here failed)
- Added missing VLAN2 configuration to the (l)uci (i.e. port5 with tagged port0 into vid:2). This step is necessary otherwise following step destroy working Internet WAN connection.
- Added VLAN3 (tagged port5 and tagged port0 into vid:200).
- Set eth1 as "normal" Internet connection settings.
- Created interface eth1.200 (eth0.200 doesn't work) with my vlan200 specific details.
So it's working now.
But still, is there anyone who can describe how is made internal ethernet connections in GL-B1300?
Because it is still foggy to me