GL-iNet AX1800 new router - OpenWrt support?

Gl-iNet does have also kernel 5.4 available too in the infrabuilder git repo.

I have AXT1800 Slate if that would help. Happy to be involved.
Jerji

Just to reiterate - I am very happy to help with testing! Please feel free to PM me (or post here) when you have a new firmware to test...
Cheers!

Right so i am going to do a snapshot build shortly.

GL-AX1800
GL-AXT1800

It will be a basic install with Luci but with everything compiled.
I will then upload it to the mirror as well.

Anyone that was using an experimental build will need to go to the snapshot build if they got the image directly from my personal server.

@jerji @radiomean Check your DM's i have sent you a link for testing.
Its a basic image so has LUCI and OPKG but none of the additional stuff like in the experimental builds.

1 Like

Just noticed I am missing a few packages in this build will add them later and recompile.

Flashed ok but seem to be quite a few errors...
Get this message on several pages:

RPC call to luci/getFeatures failed with error -32000: Object not found at ClassConstructor.handleCallReply (http://192.168.4.1/luci-static/resources/rpc.js?v=git-22.314.78547-2cbfd64:11:3)

Also wireless does not seem to be working...
Maybe I need to wait as you say 'a few packages are missing...'

Going to spend some time over weekend sorting the big mess I have made on this repo as it's broken as hell right now.

1 Like

Oh dear. I assume you mean the new version is broken - it won't boot up on my AXT1800 and I've had to de-brick via uboot... I'll be ready for the next, fixed version!

1 Like

@solidus1983 Any news on the issue? I'd love to have a (really) clean OpenWRT version on the AX. Is there any .img I can safely use from your repo? With which one does WiFi work?

Still trying to get wireless working again after nuking my repo like a Muppet.

1 Like

Good luck, I'm here to help with testing when you are ready...

1 Like

Just received my Slate AX. Also looking for a stable build I can flash. Happy to do some testing as well if needed.

1 Like

Might have some free time on 17th of this month to do more work on this, completely getting hammered at work. Pretty much taking all my day up currently.

1 Like

Totally alright. I appreciate your efforts!!

1 Like

I'll second that. Your efforts are really very much appreciated!
Many thanks...

1 Like

Check DM's peeps!!

Needs testing before sharing!

1 Like

Great! Will try later and report back...

1 Like

Just to let you know your firmware recovered my AXT1800.

I used the intramfs image via the bootloader and then the sysupgrade one to finalize it.

My build off of your build system didn't work but I can now recover with the UBI image.so I can keep testing.

1 Like

New here. GL-iNet AXT1800

Would be interested in the firmware as I originally thought it was openwrt supported (not locked.. silly me)

I was tempted to send it back but I love the hardware and found this thread. I am willing to help.

New to all of this but in the same boat, about to send it back but would love to help this thread.