GL inet AR750s with 21.02.0?

hi

I upgraded from openwrt-snapshot (or almost a year + ago) to 21.02.0

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.0/targets/ath79/nand/

and I now see that the configuration is not preserved across boots. I have not really gotten the time to figure out what is wrong, but I was wondering if folks here had installed the latest stable and had it working normally

G

I upgraded GL-AR750S form some 19.07.x to some 21.02.0-rc and had no major issues. I run 21.02.0 now.

2 Likes

hi,

Thanks, I guess I need to find some time to figure what's wrong with my setup.

is this what you see ?

G

@ghat & @tmomas ... I confused my GL-X750 with my GL-AR750S boxes. Yes, just like @tmomas, I run 21.02.0 on several GL-AR750S (I did web u-boot flash nor-nand though) and they work really well. I did not upgrade the GL-AR750S boxes from 19.07.x to 21.02.0, I web u-boot flashed 21.02.0 day one. I did sysupgrade the GL-X750 from 19.07.x to 21.02.0-rc though without ussues.

hi

Which of these files did. you use through the web-uboot ?
Is there any other file download location ?

I was able to get the GL OEM firmware "openwrt-ar750s-3.203-0701.img" installed through the web-uboot and it seems to image fine, albeit I want to use the vanilla 21.02 openwrt

G

Which of these files did. you use through the web-uboot ?

Sorry for late reply. I flashed glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-nand-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
the full name is openwrt-21.02.0-ath79-nand-glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-nand-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin indeed and the URL location is correct. It may be first time I flashed 21.02.0-rc4. ... Success!

1 Like

hi

I just flashed
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.0/targets/ath79/nand/openwrt-21.02.0-ath79-nand-glinet_gl-ar750s-nor-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
(nor not nor-nand) and that seems to be working better now !

I guess this resolves my installation problem...

Thanks for all the help...

Mayuresh

PS: If I recall correctly, in the earlier versions it would not load the "normal" NOR image, so the pathway was to install the "nor-nand" over the OEM (NAND)version of openwrt, and then do a sysupgrade to the NOR version... Not sure if this is still true, as I was able to flash the NOR version directly from the web-uboot.

1 Like

@ghat Thanks for sharing experience!
Is there some advantage to run NOR as compared to NOR/NAND ?
If so I could try sysupgrade to NOR (assuming this is indeed possible pathway).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.