GL.Inet AR750 with a Huawei E3372-h 320

Hi All,

Just picked up a Huawei e3372 to use in a camper attached by usb to my ar750 (was previously repeating signal from a 3g mobile wifi) wanted it to be usb so its more secure.

Basically its working however only seem to be getting 3g. now ive looked on the forums and i hate that my first post is a cry for help but i cant seem to get it to work.

lsusb shows

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 12d1:14db Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E353/E3131
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05e3:0752 Genesys Logic, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0618 Genesys Logic, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

however the official openwrt guide https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/wwan/ethernetoverusb_ncm

says to use

ls -l /dev/cdc-wdm0

and i get no such file or directory.

Can anyone point me to what i need to do so i can get 4g speeds. the dongle works fine plugged into the laptop and runs at around 120meg but currently getting around 15 through the ar750

This modem is different from its predecessors, so the guides you will found are not fully applicable to it.
Better get rid of it and get a better modem for your router.

can you make a suggestion? the one i bought is brand new 2020 model from amazon apparently

In 2020 I would not even consider any Cat.4 modem.
Speaking about Cat.6 modems probably the cheapest option I can think of is Dell-branded Sierra's EM7455 with M.2 to USB adapter (black box with antennas). There're also other options though.

You need to flash it in order to get NCM mode working, it can do about 30mbit or so in my experience.

There are two types of modem firmware: Stick, and Hilink. Hilink is much simpler to configure, but it creates NAT. Are you using Hilink now?

The modem needs to be able to use a 4g lte SIM card.

Yes I believe it is the hi link version

I have the AR750S and have written-up how I got the E3372 working and preferring LTE over 3G; perhaps it will help:

i was hoping i wouldnt have to pull the modem apart and it would just simply plug and play....

ive decided to return the usb modem along with selling my AR 750 if anyone wnats one? going to buy this