Getting from "member" to "regular" seems rather impossible

I have been wondering why none of the most active users have got to the user trust level "regular". On that level there are only the two manually promoted(?) accounts that have also "leader" status.

Based on the rules in https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/6 I guess that the reason is

must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

There is no culture of actively giving likes here, so I doubt if anybody has got that requirement fulfilled.

The other conditions about the forum activity seem more realistic and should have been achieved by multiple users so far.

Based on the docs in that article I think that admins can change all other conditions, but not that "like requirement". :frowning:

5 Likes

Good point. You now need to give at least one like. There is no need to receive any likes to get promoted to level 3 (regular).

3 Likes

Thanks. The number of "regular" users has jumped from two to seven during the night.

Turns out I am handing out too many likes then :yum:

People who interact with the forum via e-mail don't have a reasonable way to hand out 'likes'

but as long as we only have to give out one, it's not too bad :slight_smile: