GEOIP block is not working

what ipk is that. as far as i know the only ipk for AGH is 2 years out of date and does not have the new options that are in AGH?

I do see you are using the 107 build so i assume you are using the stable branch. If so you can use the opkg version of AGH. Its instructions are here.

Yes, you are right, I am using this one https://github.com/rufengsuixing/luci-app-adguardhome/releases

But we can always update the Adguard Home latest build using that.

I have done most settings like yours, my upstream is also using next DNS.

I am just stuck here. Can you tell me how do this? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

either use the script in the opkg install or in my manual thread and it will "move" your install around.

Most old guides have you install AGH behind dnsmasq but causes issues. Firstly? every request forks dnsmasq and increases memory usage. Secondly you have the additional hop and latency associated.

I re-wrote 2 years of posts and updates to one new up to date thread, then I and another member wikified it and got the opkg version update from the terrible 104 release to the new 107 release which is actually stable and usable.

I saw that one but as i cannot read chinese and it was 2yrs old i just ignored it and did manual scripting instead. If it acutally works maybe could make things easier for the opkg version in OpenWrt.

Just realised i should have added an important point. While those scripts will help you move dnsmasq. You will need to manually edit your adguardhome.yaml file so it binds to port 53 instead. I would move dnsmasq to port 5353 and then move AGH to port 53. Or you could just update to new openwrt and follow the opkg install and reinstall AGH from scratch to avoid complications.

1 Like

usage of -A (append) is too late here... as INPUT jumps to zone_wan_input which jumps to zone_wan_src_REJECT or similar...

in other words... your rule is never parsed

1 Like

Just tried a manual install of this and it is broken on the new 20 builds. the manual configuration page is unable to pull properly from luci. That being said I do like the options it has. I wonder if i can get it working and update it. it would make the opkg version much easier to manage for new users.

Not sure which one you mean. But I can always update the latest build. Once you update it, you can to click save and apply. Then it will update.

Please see if you can edit and update it to the latest version. Indeed it will be very helpful for new users. Also I like the main function which is Manual Config

When I flash the new openwrt, all I need to do is copy paste my previous config, and all the settings become exactly the same. I don't have to manually set one by one.

its the manual config page that is broken. It appears to be missing some luci modules to make it work.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/luci-static/resources/promis.min.js?v=git-22.046.85957-59c3392"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/luci-static/resources/luci.js?v=git-22.046.85957-59c3392"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
	L = new LuCI({"apply_rollback":90,"resource":"\/luci-static\/resources","media":"\/luci-static\/openwrt2020","documentroot":"\/www","pathinfo":"\/admin\/services\/AdGuardHome\/manual","apply_display":1.5,"requestpath":["admin","services","AdGuardHome","manual"],"ubuspath":"\/ubus\/","scriptname":"\/cgi-bin\/luci","dispatchpath":["admin","services","AdGuardHome","manual"],"sessionid":"a610832595c69251a716fa59b25038ac","token":"b966144827f52ae50b4b3c5e6386e105","apply_timeout":5,"apply_holdoff":4,"nodespec":{"wildcard":true,"satisfied":true,"title":"Manual Config","order":3,"action":{"post":{"cbi.submit":true},"type":"cbi","path":"AdGuardHome\/manual"}},"pollinterval":5});
</script>

<h2 name="content">500 Internal Server Error</h2>
<p>Sorry, the server encountered an unexpected error.</p>
<pre class="error500">/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/map'.
A runtime error occurred: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/tsection'.
A runtime error occurred: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/ucisection'.
A runtime error occurred: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/tvalue'.
A runtime error occurred: /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/AdGuardHome/manual.lua:11: bad argument #1 to 'lines' (/tmp/resolv.conf.auto: No such file or directory)

Can you please install this IPK file and see the result. I am using this https://openwrt.cc/snapshots/packages/aarch64_generic/luci/luci-app-adguardhome_1.8-12_all.ipk

luci-app-adguardhome_1.8-11_all.ipk is the one i pulled from his site.

Your .12 seems to fix things. Where is its source code?

(edit2) I just realised the original 11 would break because it is expecting files in different places. My install is in /opt/AdGuardHome along with the config files there.

1 Like

I am not quite sure about it. I am using this firmware for R2S. They have different distribution feeds, I got it from here - https://openwrt.cc/snapshots/packages/aarch64_generic/luci

But see if you can apply this with this file, then maybe I don't have to touch the code, just edit some settings from here. Let me know if you find something.

Well installing that new build broke my AGH install. it replaced the /etc/init.d/AdGuardHome script.

I shall investigate further and see what can be done.

:open_mouth:

sorry for that, hopefully, you can find the solution.

Did you install any mobile app that allow them to tunnel traffics through it as residential proxies?

Well if the traffic was tunneling through my local device, then I can see my local IP device. This one is showing external IP addresses.

then you still haven't closed the port in the fw, like you were told to.

1 Like