[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

Finally success.

@r00t
I have installed the latest snapshot 18.06 (06-02), did sysupgrade using your nightly build, keeping the settings. Now all works very well. I have now a amazing performance.Speedtest

2 Likes

@Rabelo

Instalou via WEB ou SSH? e qual o site vc fez os testes da tela acima? o Snapshot ja esta vindo com o LUCI?

Guedes

1 Like

Short question to the introduction that says: IPv4 over IPv6

Where is it configured and can it be turned to IPv6 over IPv4?

I don't think there is a problem with the latest build, but I'm unable to setup a VPN with OpenVPN, even I started from a clean install without saving previous configuration.

I created the VPN and the interface, TUN device, and even the VPN connects but no traffic appears on the interface and can't connect to any device on the LAN.

Anyone using OpenVPN with latest build? Just to confirm there is no issue with the build.

I find it strange people are still struggling with 200Mbit on the 5Ghz WiFi.

On the latest build I hit the wall at 360Mbit which is still below what I used to get several years ago (about 520Mbit). That's with a real-world copy from a Samba server to Windows 10. Iperf3 comes out slightly lower at an average 300Mbit.

Client is an Intel AC 7260.

I'd love to try overclocking to get some more performance back but I'm too nervous to flash the bootloader.

Flashing the bootloader is not very "scary". And you can get one of those TTL USB cables to recover very cheap in case something goes wrong.
I flashed mine, I think tutorial is in the sycohexor's C7 V2 thread. No biggy.

PS: I can't tell anything about the speed increase, I just flashed it because reasons.

what combination of hardware/software have you used for your 520Mbit result over wifi?

I might try this bootloader flash for overclocking purposes, I already have this TTL-USB cable you wrote about, but where is the original bootloader file to flash in case something goes wrong and what is the software for flashing?

Isn't it included in the original firmware? I don't know really.

Exactly the same hardware as I have now, my speeds just dropped as OpenWRT/ath10k got updated. Of course both Windows 10 and the WiFi card driver have been updated too, so its hard to pin point exactly what caused the change.

Of course there is also the possibility that its just that there is more crosstalk in the area now as nobody was using 5Ghz back then. But its not like I'm sharing a channel with anyone visibly in range.

If I could remember exactly which release of OpenWRT it was I would revert back, but sadly it was probably a snapshot long since lost.

so this doesnt mean anything to you? with the qca-sdk added?

@sycohexor
No

IĀ“ve added TP-Link Archer C7 V2 to my ATH79 builds...
You can install all packages through opkg.
If you want to use flow offloading without building a image yourself and be able to install also kernel packages for a long time, here you go.

@juppin
I saw your post and will test asap.
any caveats using 4.14?

I would do a config backup to get easy back on ar71xx builds. But i donĀ“t think anyone will go back because of flow offloading feature...
Probably to 18.06 if anyone is afraid of trunk builds, but as i see the main features are very stable.
Currently there is a bug at the luci switch page on master, but this is only a cosmetic error and will be on all targets build from master.

Thanks for the info, I'll try your build when I arrive home.

i currently have yours installed with my cpu overclocked, it seems to be running stable with option flow_offloading_hw 1, but im still only seeing about 400 mbits/sec from client to server on router. what else can i do to get the gigabit speeds?

Hardware flow offloading isn't supported, but i think it only has no effect if you enable it though.
You could only enable option flow_offloading '1'.

Are you using PPPoE?
As i know but didn't can confirm by myself, PPPoE could currently only fully offloaded by hw flow offloading on MT7621 SoC's.
I dont have a gigabit connection nor i have pppoe...
But i like the low cpu utilization...

@juppin
Tested your build, no problems whatsoever. All runs smooth, feels nice to have a new kernel.
I've compiled my own build too, no problems so far.