[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

Good to have you back :+1:
I guess this build has Fast Path enabled as I can max my 500/100mbit line wired (previously only 250/100), sqm disabled. No problems so far, all devices work out of the box. Will report back if I encounter any issues.

2 Likes

Welcome back soldier. Any chance you can incorporate iptables-mod-tee to load in the Kernel on the next built? Disregard was able to get it loaded.

Updated to 2018-05-27, no issues yet, thank you!

Jeff if you apply my shell script with his patches you can use menuconfig to add it.

Glad you are back! Updated to latest build and after installing a few packages like adblock (I like it more than the simply-adblock) and unbound (before I was using dnscrypt but I prefer to be my own resolver) and acme for Let's Encrypt certificates, all working flawlessly.

1 Like

@r00t can you add to your FAQ at the top how to enable FastPath or is it enabled by default? Thanks.

It's enabled by default.

1 Like

Hi @r00t !
Can I make a suggestion?
mod the patch: 002-mips74kc-set-optimization.patch and add:

--- a/target/linux/ar71xx/Makefile
+++ b/target/linux/ar71xx/Makefile
@@ -10,7 +10,7 @@
 BOARD:=ar71xx
 BOARDNAME:=Atheros AR7xxx/AR9xxx
 FEATURES:=usbgadget
-CPU_TYPE:=24kc
+CPU_TYPE:=74kc
 SUBTARGETS:=generic tiny nand mikrotik

KERNEL_PATCHVER:=4.9
@@ -19,6 +19,6 @@

DEFAULT_PACKAGES += \
 	kmod-gpio-button-hotplug swconfig \
-	kmod-ath9k wpad-mini uboot-envtools
+	kmod-ath9k wpad

$(eval $(call BuildTarget))

So all the firmware is compiled using the 74kc arch.

1 Like

Past path is a kernel module built in and enabled by default, go to /sys/fast_classifier youll see info in debug. Also if you have questions about his build you might want to ask on his github like he stated.

Good one - thanks! Pushing a new release in a few.

I have to reverse this patch. It makes opkg unusable, which users of this build don't seem to appreciate.

@r00t
I just tested opkg, it stopped working because of the change in architecture: mips_24kc -> mips_74kc.
There are repos for mipsel_74kc, but I don't know if they are compatible with mips_74kc, or what is the difference between mips_74kc and mipsel_74kc.
I'll take a look.

Edit: found it, mips"el" version means little-endian and without "el" is big endian.
Will patch ARCH variable to mipsel, recompile and test.

Edit2: After flashing the mipsel version, I remembered that the bootloader endianness must match the OS endianness, so my router is officially dead until I arrive home to reflash it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am trying to make a build, straight from source on Debian machine, altered nothing added nothing getting this:

checking for mkdtemp... yes
checking whether mkfifo rejects trailing slashes... yes
checking whether mknod can create fifo without root privileges... configure: error: in `/root/lede/build_dir/host/tar-1.29':
configure: error: you cshould not run configure as root (set FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE=1 in environment to bypass this check)
See `config.log' for more details
Makefile:30: recipe for target '/root/lede/build_dir/host/tar-1.29/.configured' failed
make[3]: *** [/root/lede/build_dir/host/tar-1.29/.configured] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/root/lede/tools/tar'
tools/Makefile:147: recipe for target 'tools/tar/compile' failed
make[2]: *** [tools/tar/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/lede'
tools/Makefile:145: recipe for target '/root/lede/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl-1.1.16/stamp/.tools_install_yynyyyyynyyyyynyynnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynyynynyyyynnny' failed
make[1]: *** [/root/lede/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl-1.1.16/stamp/.tools_install_yynyyyyynyyyyynyynnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynyynynyyyynnny] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/lede'
/root/lede/include/toplevel.mk:198: recipe for target 'world' failed
make: *** [world] Error 2

What am I failing to include?

@node
Don't run as root

Changed to user download the source with sudo
cd lede
ran
sudo ./scripts/feeds update -a
sudo ./script/feeds install -a
sudo make menuconfig
save exit.
sudo make

Got same error.

And what's the whole purpose of sudo? to temporarily become root, you don't want that either.

no root, no su, no sudo, just work as plain and simple user.

What is happening, I logged in as a user, run git clone ............................... /source.git lede

I get fatal : could not create work tree dir 'lede' .: Permission denied.

Where is this environment file to add the switch to bypass this check?

Work somewhere your user is allowed to write (and where you have around 20 GB free space), your problems are only caused by your insistence to use root where root has no business of being. Create a new/ fresh working directory -as ordinary- user and continue -as ordinary user- and remove all your previous attempts done as root. git can't write in a directly created as root, because you used su/ sudo or similar means.

Did some updates on this box and needed to rebooted, trying again and this time as user it is loading. Let see.