[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

Hey r00t, thanks for your work. I'm actually testing your build, because i ran in many problems with the lede-build on c7 v2 and i'm really fed up. My biggest issue is an auth-problem with clients. From time to time, clients aren't unable to connect, without a reason.

From what i see, i'm missing a package repository. Would it be possible, that you also build one with your buildchain? Or provide the image-builder?

From what i see, i'm missing freeradius- and zabbix-packages.

Hi r00t,

Should it be possible to include mwan3 part of the build ? As i have two internet connection, i need this for the load balancing. I will be able to adopt it with such:

For info, i have been trying the latest service release 17.01.2 , but the 5ghz won t work (issue with QCA9880 firmware). I m therefore looking for an alternate optimized ... In the meantime i did fall back to my 17.01 r3293 compiled build

Thanks to the community !

Hi r00t, is no-ip.com (ddns-scripts_no-ip_com) package included?

Thanks,

Hi root, thanks for this build.
Im using it and so far so good.
Is it possible to run a schedule to reboot the router?
How can I do this?
Any help will be appreciated.

@r00t, I've just seen this custom image of yours and it looks great. I think I may give it a try.

On a related note, there is an issue (FS#488 - dynamic VLAN doesn't work on ath10k) with hostapd and ath10k that makes it impossible to run dynamic VLANs on the 5GHz radio.

Some fixes are discussed in ath10k+hostapd: dynamic VLAN issue and dynamic vlan with ath10k not working - regression (patch for hostapd, with some potential repercusions and for ath10k.) Do you think this is something you could give a try and fix in this C7 image?

Thanks,

ADDED 2017-06-25:
I tried your firmware image and it works really well, except for the ath10k issue I mentioned :slight_smile:. Great work!

I did some testing of my own as well. While I couldn't try the ath10k patch because the vanilla SDK available has a slightly newer kernel version than the one you are using, I did try the hostapd patch and it works in the sense that I can now connect to my network (unfortunately, as it is mentioned in the link I posted, this patch breaks other things, so it's not really a long term solution.)

If anyone needs to get dynamic VLANs to work for now, I have created a patched wpad package. Note that this package is compiled for the mips_24kc architecture and not mips_74kc_dsp2, so you may need to add the former to /etc/opkg.conf to be able to install the package.

@r00t do you think you can try to add the latest addition from @gwlim to the next build, the Fast Path port? Qualcomm Fast Path For LEDE

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sorry, I can't maintain a package repo. I PM'd you my build env.

Sorry, I can't bloat this build much more - it's a quite large image as it is. I PM'd you my build env so you can add whatever packages you need.

Yes. All available scripts are included.

Sure, just add a cronjob https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-do-i-add-jobs-to-cron-under-linux-or-unix-oses/

Sorry, all bugs need to be fixed upstream, so you best bring this to the LEDE team's attention. If I start messing with the code too much, it just makes it harder to maintain. Like if I include a patch for this bug and in a couple of weeks the LEDE team implements its own fix, it might break the nightlies and I have to keep track of these changes.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll definitely work on integrating gwlim's latest patches.

Glad to read it! Your build with latest @gwlim latest patches, including Fast Path, can be a great build, so far your latest build is running with no problems and at great performance.

I'd like to see HTTPAUTH enabled on the web UI by default, so there's no easy detail available to the casual user without authentication.

@r00t would it be possible for you to publish the build env for eveyone?

BIG update guys! Most imortant changes are:

• Switched back from 74kc to 24kc in order to keep up with all the package requests. You can now use opkg to install any package you want! (@loloweb & @unkraut)
  • Added Qualcomm Fast Path support and hardware NAT capabilities (I think the commands haven't been figured out yet for the C7 - @codster314 maybe you want to look into this?)
  • Many patch updates
1 Like

Sorry but no, it's quite messy and I keep changing things and don't really want to bother versioning it and keeping it clean. You can easily replicate it by using the patches and config file provided on Github.

@r00t, would it be possible for you to provide the checksum files for your nightly builds to verify the downloads?

Next nightly will include checksums.

1 Like

@r00t, in System - Overview the following is shown : Architecture MIPS 74Kc V5.0 . I thought you changed to 24kc, or am i wrong?

Check packages - they're 24kc.

1 Like

I see the cangelog with the changes in the GitHub but no the new files?

Looks like I accidentally pushed it to the nightly directory. Fixing..

Also looks like FastPath packages didn't actually get installed, LOL. Fixing that one as well.

Just tried it quickly with my current conf... luci was really slow with timeout. ssh was working, so I revert to the snapshot