[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

I've seen something similar on other forum.
Apparently for some reasons, some routers at random instances are rebooting as soon as they connect to the internet while working on OpenWRT/LEDE.

Doing a firstboot or installing the firmware again solves the issue, even if you're just gonna restore the backup with the same config. If you won't be able to resolve your issue any other way, this will probably be your solution.

Sorry I didn't grab any logs. It happened both with the nightly build at the time and the 2017-04-04 build. Went back to what I had before and it was fine again. Maybe it was a coincidence and it flashed incorrectly twice, idk.

Hi r00t, I'm getting the following message when trying to flash your images from an LEDE standard firmware build:
"The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format..."

• forgive me if it's an obvious question I'm new with the LEDE project, I used DD-wrt before

Thanks

@Hemperror,

You can fix this by adding:
conf-file=/tmp/dnsmasq.d/simple-adblock to your dnsmasq.conf

also you can change simple adblock to put the blocklist to /etc so the file is there on boot you can reload simple-adblock at any time to renew the file.

@dacarrs
Thats right
#Need iptables-mod-nat-extra installed

Hi @r00t, thanks for sharing this build with us. Can you can make the C7's MTU go up to 9000 from it's current "cap" of 4070? It's already known that the switch could do 9K mtu. #18296 (Jumbo frame limited to 4070 MTU on Archer C7 (ar71xx/ag71xx)) – OpenWrt

@neko I'd rather see this fixed upstream. Someone already mentioned this issue here LEDE on Archer C7 - jumbo frame not working .. I'll follow up there and if the devs aren't interested I'll add a patch for this.

Sounds like you're using the wrong image file. Try the factory one if you're using the sysupgrade image or the other way around.

I've had absolutely same issue with builds starting from 04/01. Reverted back to 03/19 build, everything works perfectly. Not completely clear what r43k3n means under "Doing a firstboot or installing the firmware again". After performing sysupgrade with 04/01 and 04/02 builds(both with or without settings preservation), I've tried tftp restore with factory images of same builds, same reboot behavior always, immediately after connecting WAN port.
No logs too, this case definitely requires remote syslog server setup.

I was originally referring to the issue of router restarting itself as soon as it connected to the internet. The solution to this problem might be doing a firstboot and doing the a clean configuration from the start. You can also use sysupgrade -n that will install the firmware again erasing the current configuration.

I've seen reports of similar issue on another forum and this was the proposed solution.

@r00t I have been comparing installed packages from my previous working vanilla LEDE 17.01 with no logged messages ("IP packet with unknown IP version=15 seen") and I found 3 packages that your images does not have, maybe this can help.

The packages are:

• kmod-ipt-nat-extra
  • kmod-nf-conntrack-netlink
  • kmod-nf-nathelper-extra

I don't know if you can try to add or at least compile aside and I give a try adding it to see if with this the error message goes away.

Thanks.

These packages were included before April and I think another user also asked about the same error message before, so I doubt that would help.

@r00t If I'm not wrong I'm on the build of 2017-04-01 (r3902) and with that this packages were not included. Will try later with latest stable build (2017-04-04) I will report about it.

Exactly, builds including and after 2017-04-01 don't contain these packages. You'd need to try 2017-03-19, which includes most or all of the modules you mentioned (you need to check - I don't recall).

@kyledawg92 @xakep Could you please this image https://data.oesterling.me/f/60b306e71e/?dl=1 and let me know if you have the same issues with it? It lacks all patches. Just want to see if one of them causes this problem and if it does, it would be awesome if one of you could volunteer to try a couple of builds in a row because we'd then need to narrow it down to a particular patch and I can't reproduce this issue on my end. If you have a chance please also try the latest nightly first just to make sure the issue didn't appear because of some upstream issues that's already fixed in the latest trunk. Thanks!!

I might be able to try more builds later, but I'd have to wait for the roommates to go to sleep ha. I can tell you this though: I'm using the build hobbsAU posted here, if you can somehow compare patches and deduce the problem via that way.

@r00t if you get any spare time and compile Unbound that would make it easier for me. I will try to work on it and see if I can get it to work with dnscrypt.

The problem is that I don't have older builds to test. So far I have flashed latest stable firmware, it have the very same problem with "IP packet with unknown IP version=15 seen" but VPN works.

If you want to cross check package list, this were all the packages installed over vanilla 17.01 and there were no message: https://pastebin.com/iqKBmRLn.

You can just go through the commits on github and download any build you need. Here's a direct link to the one I mentioned: https://github.com/infinitnet/lede-ar71xx-optimized-archer-c7-v2/blob/26fa472ae2d3f042b3eba4622558bb0b492af729/lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Right! I forgot to check the commits. Will try later and report back.

Thanks, I'll try this image tomorrow(ie Friday).