Frustrated and Tried Everything (Slow Upload Speed) MR33

Hello all! I have poked around the internet for several days and to my dismay accidentally broke my old AP (OnHub took a tumble down 12 feet of stairs). I am resorted to using this MR33 with Openwrt 19.07.

I have tried everything from each radio to different ethernet cables, different ports on my Ubiquity edgerouter 10x.

I ran iperf from the MR33 to the router and got this:

------------------------------------------------------------

Server listening on TCP port 5001

TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)

Client connecting to 192.168.86.10, TCP port 5001

TCP window size: 45.0 KByte (default)

[ 5] local 192.168.86.1 port 44122 connected with 192.168.86.10 port 5001

[ 4] local 192.168.86.1 port 5001 connected with 192.168.86.10 port 56274

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth

[ 5] 0.0-10.0 sec 887 MBytes 744 Mbits/sec

[ 4] 0.0-10.0 sec 12.1 MBytes 10.1 Mbits/sec

When I run a speedtest from a device on the wifi I get very similar results. Typically 400Mbit down and 0.05Mbit up.

I currently pay for 1Gbit down and 40Mbit up - and all of my other hardwired devices get that. Just this MR33 and anything on wifi get TERRIBLE upload. My Onhub provided similar download but exactly 40Mbit upload.

When I run iperf between any wireless device and the MR33 I get equal upload and down; so this speed issue is between the MR33 and the edgerouter. I'm inclined to believe there is something running that is requiring CPU overhead for upload but not download BUT I don't see any load spike or anything.

HELP!!!!

https://imgur.com/a/6RMSlb4 - speedtest things

Just to sort out possible other reasons: Have you also plugged in another device directly into the router and measured upload speed there to make sure the issue is not the router ?

Sorry for the delay. A buddy of mine has the exact same device. I borrowed his and configured it the exact same way and it worked perfectly. Something is damaged with my physically I think. No other explaination at this point. Going to mark this as resolved as hardware problems. Thank you for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.