From snapshot to luci

Hello
i've just bought a netgear r6260. Flashed correctly to snapshot (only snapshot is available) with nmrp. I can ssh to the router, from a pc connected with lan cable. The router is disconnected from anything else because i cant stop my actual connection/router now.
Usually (pre v19.XX) i used then to connect a cable caming from the router with internet connection working, to the freshly flashed new router (the offline one) in the "internet" port, and then while still be connected also to pc (via lan cable) I did the usual opkg update etc... to insall luci. Btw now seems the router cant opkg update because offline. Is there any other way to connect the new router to internet without disconnecting my current one?
Thanks in advance

Does your LAN on the connected device use 192.168.1.0/24 as its network?

If so, renumber the LAN on the OpenWrt.

Install a current snapshot before running that at this point.

just configure the new router as a network client, like it was your any other device on the LAN side, this way it should get connected to the internet for further install etc

Ok thanks it worked, btw now I got an error message on today's snapshot when trying to install luci, and even worst, speed seems very slow (6mb/sec vs 60mb/sec on tplink archer v5 with openwrt).

opkg update
opkg install luci  luci-ssl-openssl

Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libustream-openssl20200215 wants to install file /lib/libustream-ssl.so
	But that file is already provided by package  * libustream-wolfssl20200215
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-ssl-openssl.

You are not trying to install the plain luci, but the luci-ssl-openssl variant. That fails as you already have a competing SSL library there by default, wolfssl.
Just try to install luci-ssl (that uses wolfssl).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.