FRITZ!Box 7362 SL - VDSL

Hello,

first I want to apologize for my bad english i try my best to write it understandable.

I flashed a FRITZ!Box 7362 SL sucessfully with Openwrt like in the Wiki described.
I tried then to establish a PPPoe connection (dsl0) to my Provider. But it doesnt work.
There are so much settings in the "DSL" tab which i dont know what the right are.
I started to read here in the forum and there are posts in which stands i have to use
a firmware file and so on.
Now i'am confused what to do because in the wiki stands nothing about that i thought
it works out of the box. My Provider is 1&1 over a "Deutsche Telekom" Wire and i think it's VDSL(2?)
100 Mbit's.

I hope you can explain me what to do to get this connection working !?
Any help would be nice ....

try this or this

You need to upload a vectoring enabled VDSL firmware and use VLAN ID 7 on the dsl interface, there should be examples in the wiki.

1 Like

I finally get the pppoe connection working but it's extremely slow.
I guess i need that dsl firmware file i read about but i dont find that How-To anymore so i dont know
how to extract that file. Can you give me a tip how to get the latest firmware dsl file for the FritzBox 7362 SL ?

Please use go-dsl and create a screenshot and post it here, we might be able to diagnose your issue, though it likely is vectoring, so you are likely put into the non-vectoring fall-back profile which uses VDSL2 without vectoring but only uses the low 512 sub carriers (these are exempted from vectoring IMHO to allow keeping non-vectoring capable ADSL modems in the field).

Here is a link to a somewhat older blob:

that should get you started...

2 Likes

thank you that helped.

I'd had to put a "H" in front of my providers username ( 1&1) and created a new device named
"dsl0.7" and added it to the pppoe-wan.

Here the link to the blob posted by moeller0:
FRITZ!Box 7362 SL - VDSL2 Firmware
place it under for example /lib/firmware/ and in Luci under the Tab DSL fill in the firmware file.
It takes time to connect so be patient.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.