Frequent disconnects on 18.06.4

I have a router that is a couple of rooms away that I have been running Ledge 15 on for quite some time and I just upgraded to 18.06.4 and while I still show to have between 4-5 bars of signal like with the old release. When I connect to the router I see about 2-3 disconnects for no reason per day. Anyone else seeing random disconnects on a strong signal router? I see this both on a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH and a GLInet GL-AR150. Note that by disconnects I mean a Windows laptop without the Reconnect option loses communication with the router and has to be re-established.

I've noticed this as well with my TP-Link Archer C7. It's happened on my phone a couple of times although it reconnects right after.

Yes, phones reconnect by default and laptops by default will save with the re-connection option "checked" as well and that is workable but frustrating. I have a GLiNet GL-AR150 running OpenVPN client to get US TV on Roku outside of US which is most frustrating stopping the streaming and having to wait unit it reconnects and re-buffers. On the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH it's not as big of a deal with the laptop reconnecting other than I experiment with many routers and I don't use the reconnect feature on my laptop, so I have to go in a reconnect again. I haven't tried 18.06.4 on any other router, these are just 2 new installations of older model ones I was setting up.

Big note if you are working with the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, be sure to avoid 18.06.1, as the flash becomes inaccessible if you load any extra OPKGs on it. 18.06.4 seems solid other than the random disconnects when not right "on top" of the wifi antenna.