Flashing mr18 via Raspberry Pi 4 and JTAG

tfboy did you manage to sort the No working area available? I'm facing the same issue.

No, I never found a solution and gave up in the end.
I would still like to find out why though as my Cisco AP is just sitting in the corner of my desk in pieces!

Looks like I managed to get it to work. Basically I had just the same issue with bits flipping around as you. I was using Raspberry Pi OS Desktop with peripherals and display connected to it. I remembered I have had an issue 15+ years back with desktop PC mouse generating a noise to soundcard output while moving. I re-installed to Raspberry Pi OS Lite, removed all peripherals and display. Connected to Rasperry via SSH - voila, it worked! Not sure what was the exact issue (drivers, power adapter, peripherals), but I'm happy!

2 Likes

I also fought through this with the same issues for hours. I would get the "No working area available", failed to restore, and many other common errors. Sometimes I could get it to upload and verify but the resume 0x8 would never work. I finally saw siiml's post and gave that a shot. I installed PI OS lite, removed the peripherals and display and used SSH. I then followed the guide exactly once again and had it working after 15 minutes. So to anyone that's having any issues with pi Jtag method I highly suggest giving that a try and thanks a lot siiml for posting your solution. I was using a PI 3 b+ fyi.