Flashing bootloader over JTAG?

How without having to desolder the chip from the motherboard ????

yes that one! get it together with clippers in half that price!

Isn't it possible? I've read that some people succeed doing it.
But nevermind, I believe I won't do it, I've read that I need to have a full SPI flash dump which I don't have and I've been searching and I haven't found.

Ok didn’t look at the page

Why nand flash programmers seems pricy respect eeprom programmer ?

wrong person you are asking

Another question for you @psyborg !

Would this work on my ar150 gl.inet ?

How difficult would it be to desolder the flash and soldering the adapter ?

Was wondering to have a board with an eprom socket would help playing with nand eprom directly given their 5$ each price tag without messing around with the original firmware containing one ? Not sure this adapter is right size for the ar150 board

no it wouldn't. try finding differetn adapter if they exist

Something like this ? How do you manage to do the desoldering soldering ? With big lenses ? Microscope?

Though it doesn't seem like it should work, generally you can hook up a CH341 programmer and write the SPI flash with it still soldered to the router.

Without special tools the simplest way I've found to remove a SOP chip is to heat it with a heat gun until the solder melts on all the pins (but not much beyond that, you can do serious damage to the board) then lift it off the board. A vacuum pickup helps make a clean lift without disturbing other parts. Always take a good picture of the area of the board in case you do disturb other parts and have to put them back. Don't get the hot air blast on can electrolytic capacitors; they will explode.

If you think you're going to be R&R the flash chip more than once take 8 pieces of thin wire, bend a right angle at the end and solder them to the pads on the board sticking up. Solder the flash chip to the top ends of these wires about a cm above the board. It is easily detached later leaving the wires in place.

so gross and impractical.even though it might work you could easily damage the board with it.
i first got an idea when saw eeprom socket in old sharpsat ss100 satellite receiver, you could simply pop the chip in and out without risking to break something.

these look similar:

Modern boards all use surface mount everything and are wave or robot soldered. This drops the price of production and the size of the components a lot, but it makes it far more difficult to work with manually. Not impossible but very difficult. The number of times you will fry your board before you master the techniques should be counted into the cost of learning. If it isn't worth it to you to fry say 8 devices you probably are better off looking for solder free techniques. Tiny thin probes can let you program SPI in place as mentioned, you just touch the probes to the pins with some device to hold them in place.

So does the clip or the programmer takes into account the eprom being connected to other board components ??

Understanding In-Circuit EEPROM and Microcontroller Reading and Programming:

https://www.arlabs.com/incircuit.html

And last but not least is there any openwrt development board around using eprom on sockets / ram on sockets ?

Hi

did some research found this post on gl.inet forum

https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/does-3-lit-leds-green-green-red-means-i-bricked-uboot/2372/6

its like you need two adapters one on top of the other, dont know if this one is right size:

ant then someting right size on top:

51PZphYp-JL__SX425_

wouldnt be nice having 'play with it openwrt routers directly with an eprom clip type socket' ?