[Fixed] Snapshot sdk's "/bin/sh: mkhash: not found" error?

Hi, im getting this error for a couple of days trying to use the snapshot sdks, basically just get the sdk, extract and try a feeds update. Did not see this error last time i build, like 3 weeks ago.
https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/openwrt-sdk-mvebu-cortexa9_gcc-7.3.0_musl_eabi.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz

The 18.06.1 work fine, so what did change and how to fix it?

Create index file './feeds/base.index'
/bin/sh: mkhash: not found
Collecting package info: done
/bin/sh: mkhash: not found

Please try executing ./staging_dir/toolchain-*/bin/*-openwrt-linux-gcc and see if it crashes.

@jow ok seems something is changed, broken.

on 18.06.1 i get:

arm-openwrt-linux-gcc -> arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc
which starts .arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc.bin

cat arm-openwrt-linux-gcc
#!/usr/bin/env bash
dir="$(dirname "$0")"
export RUNAS_ARG0="$0"
export LD_PRELOAD="$dir/../../host/lib/runas.so"
exec "$dir/../../host/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2" --library-path "$dir/../../host/lib/" "$dir/.arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc.bin" "$@"

and

ls -la .arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc.bin
-rwxr-xr-x 2 106 111 975856 Aug 17 02:43 .arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc.bin

on snapshots all the .arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc*.bin are missing:

ls -la arm-openwrt-linux*gcc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 105 110     33 Aug 29 08:04 arm-openwrt-linux-gcc -> arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc
-rwxr-xr-x 2 105 110 978416 Aug 29 08:21 arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc

If i try run the bin i get:

./arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc
bash: ./arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc: No such file or directory

@jow Btw should signing work also for the sdk's, since i also get:

Signing package index...
Cannot open file '/workdir/sdk-18.06.1-mvebu-cortexa9/key-build' for reading

If not than the wiki should be updated too and include that signing needs to-be disabled as well.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/using_the_sdk

Yes it should work and no there's no need to update the wiki. The underlying bug is fixed in master now.

1 Like

Ah cool thanks, btw the signing issue affects all sdk versions.

PS: The "fixed" statement was regarding to the mkhash or signing issue?

Regarding mkhash. Note that the key-build is usually created by the base-files package if it does not exist. You probably need to update the base feed and install base-files from it to get proper signing.

Yes this worked thanks. ./scripts/feeds install base-files
If you just follow the wiki on the sdk this step is not listed and since signing is select by default, the build will fail. So it should be updated to note this behavior, either build without signing or if left enabled ./scripts/feeds install base-files needs to-be run manually.

@jow Now i get the same snapshot problem for staging_dir/host/bin all the .bin files are missing and the build fails.

oki just tested again and snapshots work now, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.