Firmware with Latest Samba Request for Archer C7 v1

Hello there people,

I contacted TP-Link about the Windows 10 1709's disabling of old Samba and they told me that there are beta firmwares which enable newer Samba versions supported by Windows 10 for newer models but not v1.

So I tried to do it my own, I flashed LEDE, tried downloading a bunch of software inside like Samba 3.6 and kernel support for FS and USB systems in general.

While my Android device with ES Explorer see the device (but can't access since I don't know how to change settings in luci-samba-app, it just doesn't work) Windows can't even see it. I'm using \192.168.1.1 to connect, so, I'm guessing either Windows doesn't support 3.6 either or my settings made it stuck at 1.0.

I'll be using the device SOLELY for file sharing for my devices and nothing else.

Can somebody kind enough make me an Archer C7 v1 with latest Samba support only? No need for any extras at all. I'm guessing it's version is around 4.x or something.

Thank you

samba 3.6 works ok in windows 10, samba 4 may not fit in the 8mb flash image

this is my config

cat /etc/samba/smb.conf.template

[global]
        netbios name = |NAME|
        display charset = |CHARSET|
        interfaces = |INTERFACES|
        server string = |DESCRIPTION|
        unix charset = |CHARSET|
        workgroup = |WORKGROUP|
        bind interfaces only = yes
        deadtime = 30
        enable core files = no
        guest ok = yes
        invalid users = root
        local master = no
        map to guest = Bad User
;       max protocol = SMB2
        min receivefile size = 16384
        null passwords = yes
        passdb backend = smbpasswd
        security = user
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        use sendfile = yes
        syslog = 2

[share]
    comment = share
    path = /mnt/sda1/home/share
    browsable = yes
    public = yes
    guest account = root
    read only = no
    create mode = 0777
    create mask = 0777

for latest windows 10 to access a passwordless share you need to make a change in group policy or in registry, I don't remember, search google

Hey thank you for getting back. How am I going to do this?

SFTP in to the device, go in to etc, then samba and open that file with notepad, edit it and upload back?

Plus as I've read it, setting security to 'share' makes it public, in other words, no password needed, right?

Mate I found the problem. It's the cunts sitting in Seattle.

I realised my already working network shares between other Win10 machines aren't working anymore.

I can use the drive with Android but somehow MS screwed up an update and I can't see any device in my network connections but the computer I'm looking from.

Idiots.