Firmware selector collects firmware without WPA3-SAE support

D-Team Newifi D2
I am flashing the firmware openwrt-23.05.3-ramips-mt7621-d-team_newifi-d2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

remove the package:
wpad-basic-mbedtls

install the packages:

wpad
chrony
luci-app-dawn #dawn
luci-app-usteer # usteer

In the Wireless Security - Encryption lists there is a choice of WPA3-SAE

If you build the firmware with these packages via https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=23.05.3&target=ramips%2Fmt7621&id=d-team_newifi-d2
Was:
-uboot-envtools base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear firewall4 fstools kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-leds-gpio kmod-mt7603 kmod-mt76x2 kmod-nft-offload kmod-usb-ledtrig-usbport kmod-usb3 libc libgcc libustream-mbedtls logd luci mtd netifd nftables odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail uboot-envtools uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd wpad-basic-mbedtls
Became:
-uboot-envtools base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear firewall4 fstools kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-leds-gpio kmod-mt7603 kmod-mt76x2 kmod-nft-offload kmod-usb-ledtrig-usbport kmod-usb3 libc libgcc libustream-mbedtls logd luci mtd netifd nftables odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail uboot-envtools uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd wpad chrony luci-app-dawn luci-app-usteer

After writing the firmware to the device, the ability to select WPA3-SAE disappears (not in the list)

Why does this happen and how to fix it?
Is this a problem with the collector?

Checked on devices::

• D-Team Newifi D2/Lenovo Newifi 3 D2 (ramips/mt7621)
  • Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition = R3Gv2, R4A (ramips/mt7621)
  • Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition v2 = RB02 - AC1200 (ramips/mt7621)

I discovered that the wpad package (although it seems to be a complete package) excludes WPA3 encryption (then why wзad-basic packages), I turned on wpad-mbedtls instead and everything became as it should (WPA3 is present)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.