Firmware autoload supported for USB DVB device?

Hi all,

I have 2 Alix Boards with OpenWRT 19.0.8. I have installed tvheadend on one, because I want to try to use it for streaming.
I have an USB DVB device that needs firmware. So I have copied the firmware blobs to /lib/firmware/, which is the usual place for such blobs and where it gets autoloaded when the device is plugged in.

This doesn't work in my setup. Do I miss something, do I have to configure something, or isn't this supported ?

Thanks in advance

assuming it's actually supported, did you install any packages that might be required ?

Hi,

hmm, besides the remaining setup as DHCP/DNS/NTP server I have only installed the tvheadend package. Do I need to install a package for this firmware autoloading feature, and if yes which one ?

You also need the corresponding kernel modules to support your DVB card (which might- or might not be packaged for OpenWrt).

1 Like

ah, f*ck, I missed this. OK, I have to go through the list of available kernelmodules to see if there is one that fits.

just 4 the records: I need at least 3 kernelmodules (named ds3000, dvb_usb_dw2102 and ts2020 in Raspbian), so I'd compile my own kernel with the SDK. That's too much effort for me for this tiny project.

Thanks for the replies

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.