Find absolute path to PCIe Wi-Fi Card

Hi folks,

today I was trying to connect an AX210 wi-fi card to my RPi 5 and I already installed the iwlwifi-firmware-ax210 firmware package.

When I type lspci I get:

0000:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM2712 PCIe Bridge (rev 21)
0000:01:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6E(802.11ax) AX210/AX1675* 2x2 [Typhoon Peak] (rev 1a)
0001:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM2712 PCIe Bridge (rev 21)
0001:01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Raspberry Pi Ltd RP1 PCIe 2.0 South Bridge

In my case the wifi card is 0000:01:00.0. Now when I go to cd /sys/bus/pci/devices then cd 0000:01:00.0 and pwd I get /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0 which doesn't look like a typical PCI device path similiar to this 'pci0000:00/...'

Does someone know how I can make it show me the absolute path to the PCIe device so that I can use it in the /etc/config/wireless file?

Your help is greatly appreciated

hope that's not for AP use, that' a dead end.

Nope, not for AP it will be used for a mesh network in the 2GHz range.

If AP is needed then only 1 interface will be fine.

But do you know why I'm not getting the path (like pci0000:00 and so on) ?

Try this:
ll /sys/class/net/ | grep 0000:01:00.0

1 Like

this returns nothing...

Do you have the driver installed for that card?

Yes iwlwifi-firmware-ax210

No, this is a firmware.

So where do you suggest I get the drivers from ? Doesn't the package offered by OpenWRT include the drivers as well ? On the intel website you will only find firmware for download nothing about drivers (if they're not included in the package)

kmod-iwlwifi ?

Oh ok I see. The problem here is that the kernel version is incompatible, how could I fix that now (I have 6.1.92 and 6.6.35 is required...)

https://openwrt.org/faq/cannot_satisfy_dependencies

Ok guys thank you both. I did a sysupgrade and installed kmod-iwlwifi successfully. However the problem is now that on the Wireless device list the device shows up but shows Channel: auto (? GHz) | Bitrate: ? Mbit/s.

Also when I'm enabling an iface it goes enabled for a few second and then automatically becomes disabled. The blue light on my M.2 NGFF adapter also goes on for a few seconds but then turns itself back off.

Really appreciate your help so far and forgive me for being stupid and not installing the drivers... (unfortunately not mentioned in the OpenWRT forum post I used for instruction)

Could be a power issue.

The Intel instructions are missing, since it's highly discouraged hw.

I tried the same with the inboard wifi module, same result... The RPi is connected to a powerbank via USB-C PD providing 30W.

Is there a software side way to check if it's a power issue ?

Could be a bug in the kernel.

Post a log snippet of when it crashes.

will do a bit later

However I forgot to mention something: when clicking on the blue scan button the blue light on my M.2 adapter stays on and it finds all local wifi networks perfectly

AX210 supports acces point only in 2.4ghz and "background" scans in other bands freeze it. Mt76 is a better choice for money.