Find a command after reboot

opkg -d root install luci-app-tgwireguard_1.0.2-1_all.ipk

This is one of those cases where the right answer to "how?" is "why?"...

(From a PM, it seems that the OP may be confusing the terms "build" and "firmware". The thread in the Developers section began to describe how to include the IPK in the Image Builder - then proceeds to mentioned using rc.local in the installed firmware to continually re-install the package. I don't think the OP understands yet nor has conceived using the image builder - and hence confusion regarding the "adding of a custom IPK to the 'build'". Additionally, it doesn't help either that the OP seems to have abandoned the other thread because they "can't" seem to understand/succeed in making a custom Image with the Package included.)

Since I know that I can't include it iny build, I tried to know how it could be (ipk) stay installed during my build's update

@PerkelSimon I admit I don't quite fully understand you're requirements or hardware you're using..

Would auc help you keep your device updated the way you want? Link: attended.sysupgrade

That's not true. You were being assisted in the other thread - so that the file is at least present.

???

See this thread.

OP has a custom IPK from his VPN provider.

The file is present in root but when I update the build I still need to upload in Software update from my pc

Are you following this procedure to make a build with the IPK included? -

Here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/toolchain/use-buildsystem#custom_files

yep but look the difference between luci-app-wireguard from open wrt and mine from my vpn provider, I only have the ipk files, not the one to include in the build:

btw, I use ''files'' to setup some customs files in my build

thanks but ;

root@OpenWrt:~# auc
auc/0.3.1-1
Server:    https://sysupgrade.openwrt.org
Running:   22.03-SNAPSHOT r19879-58a73b1135 on ipq806x/generic (netgear,r7800)
Available: 22.03-SNAPSHOT r19881-353e468f47
Requesting package lists...
 base-files: 1495-r19879-58a73b1135 -> 1495-r19881-353e468f47
installed package luci-app-tgwireguard cannot be found in remote list!

You already know this package (IPK) comes from your VPN provider. I'm not sure why you posted this information?

English? - https://translate.google.com/

I replied to him that cause he proposed me attended sysupgrade, which as we can see, doesn't work.

We know. Would you like to:

?

I just want to keep the package installed during upgrade.
The best would be to include the package into my build from source but it seems impossible

Install the package and run opkg files luci-app-tgwireguard to see what files it contains. Duplicate those files into your build.

It may also have a postinstall script which you can see by deconstructing the .ipk file. Untar the file then untar the control.tar.gz file that is inside it.

Once you have a Wireguard VPN set up in your config files, it will reconnect to the VPN with an ordinary save of config, and you can probably edit it with the standard luci-proto-wireguard.

1 Like

The file are here.

Extract those two tar files and untar them again to see the files inside. It would appear likely from the small size of control.tar.gz that the postinst script is just a stub. The data portion is also likely just one small file.

1 Like
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg files luci-app-tgwireguard
Package luci-app-tgwireguard (1.0.2-1) is installed on root and has the following files:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/admin/tgwireguard.lua
/etc/config/tgwireguard_cfg
/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/torguard/tgwireguard.lua
/etc/uci-defaults/tgwireguard_def
/etc/init.d/tgwireguard
root@OpenWrt:~# 

here we go

Use scp to copy these to your buildroot/files directory and credit @mk24 with the solution.

2 Likes