Find a command after reboot

I think you should give some background information...

Why do you have to keep reinstalling this IPK on each boot?

(This would destroy the flash over time.)

I make my own build, so once a week I make a new build and I have a custom ipk and I dont know why, everytimes I update my build, the tab in LuCi (myipk) disappears, so I have to install it again and again..

If you are saying you install a new firmware every week, then simply add it to the pre-installed packages.

I was gonna ask you about that IPK name.

I would like it, but I just have the ipk without the source.
I can upload it fromy files but there is no htdocs in it etc to compile it

How are you getting the *.ipk into your weekly build.

1 Like

Context in

2 Likes
  • This woulda been a good time to note you already made a thread
  • And you enjoy challenges by making new firmware every week

Let us know if the suggestions above about logging work. Cool setup!

"Because you download it from your VPN provider weekly."

I can't so I need to upload it after new build

You were told how:

It seems you also are double and triple posting. If you need help how - you should ask in that thread instead of this multi-thread thing.

1 Like

opkg -d root install luci-app-tgwireguard_1.0.2-1_all.ipk

This is one of those cases where the right answer to "how?" is "why?"...

(From a PM, it seems that the OP may be confusing the terms "build" and "firmware". The thread in the Developers section began to describe how to include the IPK in the Image Builder - then proceeds to mentioned using rc.local in the installed firmware to continually re-install the package. I don't think the OP understands yet nor has conceived using the image builder - and hence confusion regarding the "adding of a custom IPK to the 'build'". Additionally, it doesn't help either that the OP seems to have abandoned the other thread because they "can't" seem to understand/succeed in making a custom Image with the Package included.)

Since I know that I can't include it iny build, I tried to know how it could be (ipk) stay installed during my build's update

@PerkelSimon I admit I don't quite fully understand you're requirements or hardware you're using..

Would auc help you keep your device updated the way you want? Link: attended.sysupgrade

That's not true. You were being assisted in the other thread - so that the file is at least present.

???

See this thread.

OP has a custom IPK from his VPN provider.

The file is present in root but when I update the build I still need to upload in Software update from my pc

Are you following this procedure to make a build with the IPK included? -

Here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/toolchain/use-buildsystem#custom_files

yep but look the difference between luci-app-wireguard from open wrt and mine from my vpn provider, I only have the ipk files, not the one to include in the build:

btw, I use ''files'' to setup some customs files in my build

thanks but ;

root@OpenWrt:~# auc
auc/0.3.1-1
Server:    https://sysupgrade.openwrt.org
Running:   22.03-SNAPSHOT r19879-58a73b1135 on ipq806x/generic (netgear,r7800)
Available: 22.03-SNAPSHOT r19881-353e468f47
Requesting package lists...
 base-files: 1495-r19879-58a73b1135 -> 1495-r19881-353e468f47
installed package luci-app-tgwireguard cannot be found in remote list!

You already know this package (IPK) comes from your VPN provider. I'm not sure why you posted this information?

English? - https://translate.google.com/