Failure to reboot after adding new interface for IP camera

well, its happened 3 times now...reinstalling openwrt over and over here. im sure i am doing something wrong but dont know what could be so hard about this. i have an ip camera, i go to the interfaces tab, add an interface for eth2 (labeled port 3 on the box), select static ip of 192.168.1.6/24, uncheck "assign ipv6 delegated prefixes" since I block ipv6 internally (camera itself also configured to not use ipv6), and lastly add it to "lan" group under firewall sub-tab. i then restart and it just never comes back...dead in the water...no internet traffic passes, and the last entry on the display-out when I plug hdmi in is irrelevant. i tried with the device plugged in and after reinstalling openwrt i tried without it plugged it at restart...same. anyone have any ideas? thanks

Chances are that this conflicts with your lan subnet.

Please connect to your OpenWrt device using ssh and copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

ubus call system board
cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall
2 Likes

you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. thank you for the thorough reply. ok, sadly i just tried to ssh using putty and nothing...black screen...no login prompt. i'll go ahead and reinstall openwrt again, reload my config backup, then run these commands, redact, and post them asap

without further adieu, got the commands run via ssh while the box was working just before i went to configure the interface eth2 for my ip camera and rebooted:

ubus call system board
REDACTED AFTER QUESTION SOLVED FOR OPSEC

cat /etc/config/network

cat /etc/config/dhcp

cat /etc/config/firewall

no wireless functionality on this box.

and after the reboot...dead...no ssh...no ip...no traffic...

thanks again psherman

As @psherman commented, you cannot have an interface on 192.168.1.1/24 and another one on 192.168.1.6/24, because they are on the same network segment. Perhaps you meant 192.168.6.1/24?

3 Likes

DOH! that'd certainly be the issue...meant to create a vlan for all my lan ports first and forgot over and over. that...was quite thick of me.
thanks so much eduperez!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.