Extroot / pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open .... No such file or directory

Hi Im using extroot to 2'5 HDD external
before i already make extroot to my HDD, then i disable extroot for a week and make some package changes and config to my openwrt (install & remove new packages). then i decide to move to extroot again after i got my new USB hub, but the problem is when i install new package, its make issue about kernal (i forgot) then i do force copy again from my router file to my HDD without remove old files in my HDD. my router can boot normal with HDD extroot and no issue anymore for install package, but whenever i run opkg install / remove it show error like this

anybody know how to fix this error message? its like some files missing, but i have no idea what file is that

opkg install lsqlite3 sqlite3-cli
Installing lsqlite3 (0.9.5-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.2/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages/lsqlite3_0.9.5-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
Package sqlite3-cli (3310100-1) installed in root is up to date.
Configuring lsqlite3.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/libpthread.list: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/luci-mod-admin-full.list: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/kernel.list: No such file or directory.

you should manually "copy" all important data files off the extroot-overlay and recreate it. then in future if you want to jump back to no-extroot-overlay...(and install/remove packages) you should again, re-create the extroot-overlay filesystem.

if you go back to no-overlay... then alter package info... there will now be some inconsistencies (about what packages there are and where), when you re-enable the overlay again.

there is probably a way you could manually deal with the opkg sync issue... but it's easier just to re-create.

1 Like

I can't copy extroot overlay to my router coz extroot has bigger files

is there anyway to sync my extroot overlay with my router overlay before i jump to extroot overlay without losing data in extroot overlay?

thats not what I said...

• backup the important files from your extroot partition
  • recreate the extroot file system totally

you can use from a PC scp to backup the whole extroot first with something like;

scp -r root@routerip:/extrootdrivemountedhere ./pcfolder

:thinking:
what is the purpose backup files if i should recreate extroot again?

u mean the process will be like this?
backup extroot -> recreate extroot with router overlay -> reinstall packages -> restore config for installed packages

your terminalogy might not be clear...

• make a backup ...
  • start fresh... ( extroot-setup... imagine the drive is NEW )
  • if you need to... once everything is setup and the new extroot-overlay is running... then restore any data and re-install large packages.
1 Like

i fixed the issues
juct copy missing .list from /rom/usr/lib/opkg/info to /usr/lib/opkg/info/

sample :

cp /rom/usr/lib/opkg/info/kernel.list /usr/lib/opkg/info/

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.