Extremly slow Wifi and disconnects

No, it is absolutely not fixed. I tried the newest 18.06.3 and 18.06.4 Version. Also tried the newest development build. There is literally no fcking improvement at all!
The problem is not SQM or anything else. As I mentioned it 100 times, it's the shitty wifi drivers. They are absolutely unusable. They just once made a driver which can communicate with the WiFi, that's all. They don't work in practice. If i put my smartphone ON my router, I get a RX Rate of 12.0 Mbit/s and still a lot of disconnections. With the original Firmware and Padavan I get at least 144 Mbit/s up to 300 Mbit/s, even if I move 20 meters away. I'm not the only one with this problem. As I mentioned it, everyone with this router or similar hardware have this issue..
Even though I tried to reach the devs and tried to help, they weren't interested at all. They don't care if it works or not. That's why I'm done with OpenWRT. Sad to see how this project falls apart. After this thing with LEDE OpenWRT died. No real improvements, slow development etc. Things like these are why Open Source projects will never become as successful as proprietary stuff made by a company, sadly.

1 Like

SQM fixed the reboots during speed test over WiFi but the sporadic reboots where still happening. After flashing the OEM firmware to the Netgear WNDR3700v2 it still experienced irregular reboots. Must have been a hardware issue, I guess.

I have replaced it with a Linksys WRT3200ACM (OEM firmware) several months ago. Now I'm getting better WiFi speeds and everything is working - apart from OpenVPN. I'm not even sure whether I want to install OpenWRT. Maybe when I'll decide to use WireGuard sometime in the future.