Ethernet LEDs with Netgear GS108T v3?

https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/netgear/netgear_gs108t_v3 says:
Unsupported Functions: Ethernet LEDs

Ist there a good chance that LEDs work in the near future or do I have to accept it, that LEDs never will work?

If I understand it correctly there are various ways in which LEDs may be hooked up and it is just a matter of somebody analysing and implementing how exactly this is done on the GS108T v3. Looking through the GPL sources may or may not help in achieving this. Looking through the main rtl83xx support thread may give you many pointers what to look for.

The Wiki states LEDs are working with 22.03 - but I cannot confirm. I just flashed the image and the power LED works, the port LEDs remain dark so far.

Edit:
Seems as if the command fw_setenv bootcmd 'rtk network on; boota' enables the LEDs. This was (for me) the missing piece to make it work with 22.03.0.

Overview:

root@NetgearSwitch:~# fw_printenv 
baudrate=115200
boardmodel=RTL8393M_DEMO
bootcmd=boota
bootdelay=1
ethaddr=<removed>
ipaddr=192.168.1.1
ledModeInitSkip=0
serverip=192.168.1.111
SN=<removed>

root@NetgearSwitch:~# fw_setenv bootcmd 'rtk network on; boota'

root@NetgearSwitch:~# fw_printenv 
baudrate=115200
boardmodel=RTL8393M_DEMO
bootdelay=1
ethaddr=<removed>
ipaddr=192.168.1.1
ledModeInitSkip=0
serverip=192.168.1.111
SN=<removed>
bootcmd=rtk network on; boota

The fw_setenv hack isn't really "LED support", but just enables networking from the bootloader. It also configures the switch port LEDs to display port status, which is the side-effect that is used here. It also sets up open switching until the OS takes over the switch configuration, so you may not want to do this in environments that use VLANs, or otherwise have security requirements to need port isolation.

@svanheule Thank you for the hint. I better remove it then, because I am indeed using VLANs to keep things separated.

I assume this script is then currently the best hint on how to light the LEDs: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/6fbf86ba894929a44af103a8e3482ae6fa3cb523/target/linux/realtek/base-files/etc/init.d/realtek_leds