/etc/config/wireless not found

I'm trying to configure some wireless networks but when i shh into openwrt and run /etc/config/wireless it says permission denied and when i try to run it as root at says command not found and when i try to install anything it says not found

Check dmesg for errors, if
wifi config
does not generate a default wireless setting file it is not finding any radios.

2 Likes

when i enter wifi config nothing happens and i cant find any files but one strange thing about my experience with openwrt is so i flashed it yesterday on a linksys ea7300 v2 router wireless and after it finished it said router not found then the networks didn't show up anywhere and after i connected the router to my pc via ethernet i could enter the admin panel but that was it i had to go back to my other wifi network on another router to get wifi and if i make a wifi network it only works for going on the admin login page i can get them to show up but when i try to connect it doesn't work i can connect when i have my ethernet plugged in but it only works for the router admin page i really want to use openwrt but it just has not been working

Not sure what you mean by ‘run /etc/config/wireless’. When you connect with SSH you basicly get a Linux prompt.
‘/etc/config/wireless’ is not a Linux command…

2 Likes

What @Toepmeister said, it's a config file, not an executable.

1 Like

Any reason for not using the web interface?

2 Likes

After installing Openwrt the wireless network is disabled by default. So it’s expected you can only connect by cable.

1 Like