Error while compiling a fresh firmware

Hello!,

I'm getting an error while compiling a fresh firmware for a TP-Link WDR3600v1 and i need you to help me to find the problem.

I'm doing the same as usual:

git clone https://git.lede-project.org/source.git lede
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
make menuconfig

I only choose LuCI, change wpad-mini with wpad(full) and aircrack+airmon

Then i compile with make -j 4 V=s 2>&1 | tee build.log | grep -i error also used -j 1 with the exact same result.

These are the last lines from the compilation:

package/Makefile:64: recipe for target 'package/install' failed
make[2]: *** [package/install] Error 255
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/miguel/LEDE/lede'
package/Makefile:106: recipe for target '/home/miguel/LEDE/lede/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_install' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/miguel/LEDE/lede/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/miguel/LEDE/lede'
e[31mBuild failed - please re-run with -j1 to see the real error messagee[m
/home/miguel/LEDE/lede/include/toplevel.mk:207: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'world'
make: *** [world] Error 1

And a full version of the log file is here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00038543230516095933

Hope you can help me!, thanks

• Use a pastebin service like http://paste.debian.com if your log is too big for a post.
  • Did you read the error output and do what it told you? Ie perform a run with -j1?
  • The .log is 21.4MB long uncompressed, don't think any pastebin service allows that... I can upload it somewhere else than tinyupload if you tell me a better service.
  • I started over (deleted lede folder, redownloaded everything) serveral times with -j1 and yes, i still get the same error.

A few lines above the errors you posted there are these messages:

Package luci-theme-bootstrap Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package procps-ng-free wants to install file /home/miguel/LEDE/lede/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/bin/free
	But that file is already provided by package  * busybox
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package procps-ng-free.
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package procps-ng-pgrep wants to install file /home/miguel/LEDE/lede/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/bin/pgrep
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package procps-ng-pgrep.
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package procps-ng-top wants to install file /home/miguel/LEDE/lede/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/bin/top
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package procps-ng-top.
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package procps-ng-uptime wants to install file /home/miguel/LEDE/lede/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/root-ar71xx/usr/bin/uptime
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package procps-ng-uptime.

Looks like you have included some incompatible packages in your build.

I noticed that error too but i don't understand it, i didn't include those packages unless they come with LuCi, because together with wpad, aircrack-ng and airmon-ng they are only packages i'm selecting on menuconfig.

So maybe this is a bug on luci-base package?

NOTE: some utilities provided by procps-ng packages (ps, uptime, kill, ...) are installed as busybox applets, by default. Conflicting applets should be removed from the build to avoid file conflicts.

1 Like

Thanks!, that was definetly the problem, i disabled the applets free, pgrep, top and uptime from busybox and now compiled just fine!

hi

i restored the router, and wanting to start a fresh install but whenever i run the install luci command i get

* check_data_file_clashes: Package libubox20170601 wants to install file /lib/libubox.so
	But that file is already provided by package  * libubox
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-ssl-openssl.

and even with other cmd still get the first line, but not sure why the package blocks the install

thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.