Error when removing packages

Hello, I don't have enough space to install one package I need so I'm trying to remove some packages I don't need (such as pppoe, IPv6 etc) but I get this when I try to do so:

Collected errors:

• pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/kmod-pppoe.list: No such file or directory.
  • pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/kmod-pppox.list: No such file or directory.
  • pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/ppp-mod-pppoe.list: No such file or directory.
  • pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //usr/lib/opkg/info/ppp-mod-pppoe.list: No such file or directory.

How can I solve this problem?

Did you install them or did they come with the image?

Uninstalling preshipped packages won't free any space.

1 Like

came with the image

Then there's no point in trying, deleting might actually consume space instead :wink:

You can build your own image, if you want to omit some packages, or if your device uses the ath71xx target, swap to ath79 (images should already be available). The swap itself will free space.

1 Like

how do I check for my device's target? Sorry I'm very new to this

you can see it in the URL for the image, and the device page info.

yeah so it's 71, no one did the 79 so I guess that's gonna be me

what's the faster method, should I build my own image or swap to ath79?

You should do both, but sliming an existing ath71xx image would probably be quicker :wink:

1 Like

alright then, got any tips? Also, should I ask for help on that post?

if you're sliming the ath71xx target, then it's probably fairly well documented (basically you need to do a image build, and uncheck include boxes for unwanted packages)

if you need help with migrating your device to ath79, you probably should read (and perhaps write) in the thread above.

1 Like

okay, thanks for your help

might be useful, haven't tried it myself though.

1 Like