Error vlan1 tagged

Hello, I wanted to ask, I have several vlan,
vlan1 172.17.0.1/24
vlan10 172.20.10.1/27
vlan11 172.20.11.1/27
vlan12 172.20.12.1/27
vlan50 172.20.50.1/24
vlan55 172.20.55.1/28

The router I have connected to a switch in trunk mode.
as you see I have all the vlan in port lan1 tagged, except vlan1.
if I put vlan1 in tagged I have no connection in the switch.
Well that's the error, why can't I put vlan1 in tagged mode?
If someone help me please.

I'll take a guess and say that you are connecting to the OpenWrt from the switch with the trunk port and when you change the port to vlan1 tagged you are not doing the same on the switch, or the switch doesn't let you tag vlan1.
You can always connect your management pc on another port of the OpenWrt (2-4 are free from what I see) and make the changes without losing connectivity.
Or you can configure vlan1 to be untagged or native on the switch and you don't need to change anything else on OpenWrt.

1 Like

Look at this is my connection scheme:

that's how all vlan except vlan 1 (lan) work for me
switch capture
Managed Switch
but if vlan 1 (lan) I put it untagged if the swicht receives it.
but i can't intervlan routing to vlan1.
The others among them yes.
A little help

what I want is to put the vlan1 in tagged

First of all, I cannot understand your English.

The OpenWrt is already doing intervlan routing, you don't need to do it on the switch too.

That is easy, in the first post go to "LAN 1" port on the first line click the untagged, make it tagged and click save apply. That's all it needs to be done from the OpenWrt side. Do the appropriate changes from the switch side and you're done.

1 Like

It is not recommended to send tagged and untagged packets on the same cable. If you do do that, the pvid setting (default VLAN for untagged packets) becomes important on both devices.

In a network like this the switch should only be switching, you do not want it to hold IP addresses on any interface except one for administration logins. The router will do forwarding between VLANs.

Some of these switches treat VLAN 1 as a permanent special case, so it might help to make all your VLANs numbers other than 1.

2 Likes

sorry for my english, i am spanish
If I tag the vlan1 as tagged, I lose connectivity on the swicth
Managed Switch

Is vlan 1 tagged on the trunk port on the cisco(?) switch? If it is currently set to untagged on the external switch, it will not be able to communicate with vlan 1 when you set that vlan to tagged on the openwrt router.

Please show us the Switch port assignments for the VLANs on the external switch.

1 Like

yes

this is how all vlan work, except vlan1

On the "port to vlan" page, the trunk ports should be set to tagged in VLAN 1 as well all the other VLANs.

1 Like

Vlan 1 is set to untagged on your switch port xg2 (I assume this is the trunk to your openwrt router). You need to set that to tagged on your switch first.

1 Like

thank you very much now yes

Blockquote [mk24]On the "port to vlan" page, the trunk ports should be set to tagged in VLAN 1 as well all the other VLANs.

Blockquote [psherman]Vlan 1 is set to untagged on your switch port xg2 (I assume this is the trunk to your openwrt router). You need to set that to tagged on your switch first.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.