Error upgrading Linksys WRT3200ACM from OpenWrt 19.07.8 to 21.02.0

I downloaded the file openwrt-21.02.0-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt3200acm-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin. When trying to upgrade, I get an error:

Device linksys,rango not supported by this image Supported devices: linksys,wrt3200acm armada-385-linksys-rango linksys,rango - Image version mismatch: image 1.1, device 1.0. Please wipe config during upgrade (force required) or reinstall. Reason: Config cannot be migrated from swconfig to DSA Image check failed.

The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

How do I solve this? Thank you in advance!

From memory here you always get this error and its a false alarm.
You should be able to proceed by forcing install AND unchecking the keep setting box.
Does anyone else disagree with this?

2 Likes

If you search the forum you will find other topics with exact this problem on WRT3200.

1 Like

How about reading the message you got????
Or search the forum like tmomas suggests...

In sysupgrade options, uncheck the "keep configuration" and check "force" when the image check fails.

(And after the sysupgrade, do not restore /etc/config/system or /etc/config/network from backup.)

I've never got this message before when upgrading the firmware.

How about not being an asshole if you don't have anything useful to say? If I understood what the message meant, or if I managed to find the answer myself, I wouldn't be asking.

Does this mean it's a known bug and I should wait for the next version?

Further reading (with solution):
Linksys WRT3200ACM & 21.02.0-RC1 popup message - #2 by slh

Mini tutorial for DSA:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/dsa/dsa-mini-tutorial

2 Likes

Thanks! Does this mean I will lose my port forwards and local IP assignments as well?

You've answered this one yourself...

I was not sure if config included those things, that's why I asked :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.