Error compiling OpenWrt

Hey! Can anyone please help me solve this issue while compiling openwrt. I am getting this /chaos_calmer/include/top-level.mk:181 recipe for target 'world' failed error while compiling openwrt for my router.

First, is there a good reason you're building a years-old, likely insecure version of OpenWRT, rather than at a minimum, lede-17.04 or perhaps the early versions of openwrt-18.06?

On the specific question, without verbose (V=s), single threaded (no -jN other than -j1) logs, it's challenging to say.

I want to build a firmware with arcman reghack patch, it can only be patched on chaos_calmer as hostapd of newer versions has changed.

Use of such a hack to circumvent regulatory requirements is illegal in most jurisdictions for users without the appropriate radio operator and technical licenses.

There is a good reason why it is not supported in hostap.

Nobody should be using outdated router firmware. That you're willing to take the risk is not an excuse to endanger others.

See, for example

1 Like

Sorry, but I have the ham radio license in my country.

2 Likes

I would look at the patches, as well as the current hostap source, and adapt the patches to the current version. The Chaos Calmer release is over two years old and both the tool chain and the packages have changed significantly since then.

I'd recommend working against the openwrt-18.06 branch.

1 Like

Please assist him in any way possible.

I also have a US License, General Class. Would love to chat with your or your club on HF one day.

@rohitsingh133, I'm ARRL Atlantic Region, MDC Section, ITU Region 2.

I'll private message you.

FYI, THERE IS A OPEN SOURCE PROGRAM THAT ALL AMATEUR OPERATORS CAN VERIFY THEIR CALLSIGN AND PASSCODE...WE CAN SIMPLY HAVE A METAPACKAGE THAT REQUIRES THEM TO DO SO TO ACCESS THOSE CHANNELS.

1 Like

How much time would it take for you to do that? @jeff