Error building an image

*** [tools/Makefile226: /home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/stamp/tools_compile_yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt
make: *** [/home/openwrt/include/toplevelmk233: world] Error 2

am i doing something wrong here?can someone help me ?

Not without knowing context or details.

Likely, but you really need to explain the what, when, and where of your overall intent.

i am trying to build the image build for x86 is target system,subtarget system is x86_64 ,target profile generic x86/64.

Have you followed the wiki. Specifically, the setup making sure all prerequisites have been met?

The more detail you can provide, the easier it is for us to help you figure out where in the process things have gone wrong.

Just posting a make error doesn’t help anyone.

did you try using the -j1 V=sc parameters when running make ?

any special reason why you're building from scratch for an already existing platform ?

yes tried this parameter when running make.

wow, you're a person of few words and even less info, I guess.

have fun with your enigma until you decide to post more info than "Error 2".

my task is to openwrt configure as AP.

setting up an AP on x86 is highly discouraged.
setting up an AP on x86 doesn't require any compilation, unless you're trying to add unsupported HW.

again, post more info, or ask someplace else, preferably someplace where they've got crystal balls.

ake[6]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt/build_dir/host/automake-1.16.5'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt/build_dir/host/automake-1.16.5'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt/build_dir/host/automake-1.16.5'
/home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin/aclocal / home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin/aclocal.real
install -m0755 ./files/aclocal /home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin
( api=16; while [ "$api" -ge 11 ]; do ln -sf aclocal "/home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin/aclocal-1.$api"; api=$(($api - 1)); done; )
mkdir -p /home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/stamp
touch /home/openwrt/build_dir/host/automake-1.16.5/.built
touch /home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/stamp/.automake_installed
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt/tools/automake'
time: tools/automake/compile#6.81#2.05#16.41
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt/tools/llvm-bpf'
time: tools/llvm-bpf/compile#1.78#2.69#17.36
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [tools/Makefile:226: /home/openwrt/staging_dir/host/stamp/.tools_compile_yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:233: world] Error 2

still no error message posted ...

writing the i firmware image to the usb drive and i have to make it bootable.After that configuring As AP.This is my overall task.

no idea why you felt you had to compile stuff ...

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=23.05.3&target=x86%2F64&id=generic

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/openwrt_x86

1 Like

we know nothing about your hardware, and no, x86 doesn't tell us anything.

it is my first experience using openwrt.
Please give me suggestion where i can start to learn openwrt from the foundation.

google "openwrt for dummies" ?

1 Like

The wiki perhaps?

1 Like

thank you @RuralRoots

thank you @frollic

That is not an error that is the outcome of an error later down the process failing to progress further on, there should be something up higher indicating the actual fault.

But it is probably not best to start building from source if you are learning, get a device that supports OpenWrt and play with it learn the ropes a bit.

My first fortay was playing with an unsupported target and converting it to DSA it was a bit frustrating to begin with because of the lack of tutorials on setting up DSA and the interface name format change, and the real steep learning curve.