Entware Tools Build Fails Dependancy python 2.7

All:

I realize that this forum is for OpenWrt, as it is the progenitor of Entware, I thought someone here might be able to assist with my issue.

I am running into an issue trying to build Entware tools. I have all the build dependancies satisfied except for python 2.7, which is no longer available in the current repository.

opkg update

Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /opt/var/opkg-lists/entware

I attempted to install the archived version of python 2.7, but opkg complains with the following:

curl --output python_2.7.17-2_armv7-2.6.ipk http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/archive/python_2.7.17-2_armv7-2.6.ipk

opkg install ./python_2.7.17-2_armv7-2.6.ipk

Unknown package 'python'.
Collected errors:

• pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for python found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python.

cat /opt/etc/entware_release

release=entware
arch=arm
cpu=cortex-a9
cpu_subtype=unknown
float=soft
gcc=8.4.0

opkg print-architecture

arch all 100
arch armv7-2.6 160

Python3 & dependancies install without issue:

opkg info python3

Package: python3
Version: 3.9.4-1
Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, python3-light, python3-unittest, python3-ncurses, python3-ctypes, python3-pydoc, python3-logging, python3-decimal, python3-multiprocessing, python3-codecs, python3-gdbm, python3-sqlite3, python3-xml, python3-distutils, python3-email, python3-openssl, python3-urllib, python3-cgi, python3-cgitb, python3-dbm, python3-lzma, python3-asyncio
Section: lang
Architecture: armv7-2.6
Size: 971
Filename: python3_3.9.4-1_armv7-2.6.ipk
Description: This package contains the (almost) full Python install.
It's python3-light + all other packages.
Installed-Time: 1623987187

I find it ironic that Entware no longer provides the required python 2.7 package(s) that is required to build Entware tools.

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Gary

Your post does not appear to be related to an officially released OpenWrt version, package or supported operation.

It is unlikely that you will receive useful input here.

Please seek advise from the relevant maintainer.

I know that the above is stating the obvious, but if your 3rd party project needs python2, then it does require it - there's nothing OpenWrt can do about it. Either you provide the necessary dependencies (not OpenWrt's issue), or you need to find a different solution (neither this).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.