Ensure GPL compliance of Image Builder generated images?

Similar questions have been asked in this forum before, but to the best of my knowledge there has not been a satisfactory, concise answer yet.

Suppose I am using the Image Builder to produce a custom firmware image that I would like to share with other people. In order to be GPL license compliant, I would like to post

• the URLs of the source code archives, git repositories, and patches (if any) that went into my firmware image
  • the license text of each package

Is there an "official" way to do this? In fact, in order to promote GPL license compliance in general I think it would be best practice if the Image Builder would produce this automatically, every time when it produces firmware images. If the required metadata is not in place yet, I think it should be added so that this kind of information is available easily.

Does Image Builder have such functionality?

If not, maybe we can use the SDK in the meantime to produce a similar result. In the SDK (not Image Builder), scripts/download.pl is responsible for downloading. It constructs download URLs by using hardcoded URLs to mirrors. Can we make it just show the download URLs rather than actually download anything?

Something roughly along the lines of

wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/sunxi/cortexa7/openwrt-sdk-sunxi-cortexa7_gcc-8.3.0_musl_eabi.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz
tar xf openwrt-sdk-sunxi-cortexa7_gcc-8.3.0_musl_eabi.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz 
cd openwrt-sdk-sunxi-cortexa7_gcc-8.3.0_musl_eabi.Linux-x86_64/
cp feeds.conf.default feeds.conf
./scripts/feeds update -a
make defconfig
make download V=s
ls dl/

but without actual downloading, and only for the packages that went into a certain image made by Image Builder.

How to do this?