Embedded Wireless Dorin current stable version

Hi, I am new to this forum and also not using OpenWrt for that long.

I have an Embedded Wireless Dorin Board with version 15.05 on it. For security reasons, I would like to upgrade to a newer version.

I looked on the OpenWRT home page and saw two different sources for downloading the firmware. The "Firmware Selector" and the "Table of Hardware."

The "Firmware Selector" shows me the latest version 21.02.1 and the "Table of Hardware" shows me version 19.07.8. Now I am a little confused. Will both versions work for my device? Which one should I use. Can you help me please?

Thank you very much!
sada1400

It looks like the ToH page did not get updated. Since the firmware selector shows 21.02 as available for the device, I'd recommend installing that.

Do not attempt to keep settings when you update. It will cause all sorts of major issues if you do. Instead, take a backup (you can use that as a reference), and setup from scratch.

A quick note -- the target has changed from ar71xx to ath79 (ar71xx was deprecated). You will probably get some sort of warning/error from the sysupgrade process -- that is expected. If it does not accept the image for upgrading, you may need to upgrade to a newer version as a stepping stone -- so you could upgrade to 19.07 and then to 21.02 if you do experience any problems. REMINDER: do not keep settings when you do the upgrade.

Edit: @tmomas - who looks after the ToH pages and/or what is the process to get them updated when we find discrepancies?

3 Likes

I have now updated the dataentry to 21.02.1 (was still ar71xx, although ath79 support is available).

3 Likes

As you will have to migrate from ar71xx and ath79, you will need to force to flash the new image - make triple-sure to pick the correct/ valid image before.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the help.
I got the latest version 21.02.1 working on my device! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.