EdgeRouter X-SFP disk space

Hi There

We installed OpenWrt for the first time yesterday. The basic functions are up and running. I would say the installation process was smooth. :slight_smile:

add system image http://openwrt.jaru.eu.org/openwrt-18.06/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-18.06-snapshot-r7911-f65330d27d-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-sfp-initramfs-factory.tar
show system image
reboot

There are some issues left.

• Seems like the 256MB of flash memory is not available.
  • Lucy did not get installed.
  • We get a new SSH-key for every boot.

Does anyone see what is wrong?

Best regards
Håvard

I'm not sure what instructions you followed, but on the ER-X, two installs are actually needed...the first is merely a bootstrap to get a very watered-down but operational version of OpenWRT installed, then you install 'real' OpenWRT on top of that.

Also note that snapshot builds do not include luci and it must be installed separately.

2 Likes

Now download the latest official 19.07 and install it with sysupgrade. This second install will build the flash filesystem.

1 Like

Hi mk24 and rhester72

Thanks good for input. You are both right. I belived the install-process to be finished after the first install. All is good after the second install.

Best regards
Håvard

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.