Edgerouter Lite 3 DNS and DHCP not working

DNS and DHCP not working on ERL-3 after upgrade to 19.07.2.

I use a ERL-3 as a backup router. I did a clean installation of 19.07.2 and clients receive an IPv6 address but not IPv4

The diagnostics page ping, traceroute and nslookup do not work whether I try IPv6 or v4
However if I ping 1.1.1.1 (2606:4700:4700::1111) or traceroute to 1.1.1.1 (2606:4700:4700::1111) the router receives responses.

I have verified the LAN IP and WAN IP do not match, settings for WAN and WAN6 look correct.

I re-downloaded the firmware thinking the original may have been corrupt but even after verifying the sha256sum on the new download the result is the same.

I have tried using Peer DNS and using Cloudflare's DNS servers for IPv6 and v4 with no luck.

What am I missing here?

Restart dnsmasq and check the logs why it is not starting
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart; sleep 5; logread -e dnsmasq

Sorry for the confusion guys the device isn't supported any longer due to the 4MB flash

See here

I have one of that model. The 4 MB SPI flash only runs the bootloader which boots from the internal USB drive, which is 2 or 4 GB. The stock firmware is sized for 2 GB, but later production shipped with a 4 GB drive with half of it empty. OpenWrt doesn't write anything or occupy any space in the 4 MB SPI flash.

This model should not carry the 4 MB warning, as its operating system flash is actually gigabytes in size.

1 Like

I have changed the tag to 4096flash.