E2guardian filter https traffic with raspberry pi

Hi all!

First, thank you for sharing openwrt! It is quite amazing how many extensions exist and your documentation is awesome.

Maybe, this topic here is useful to others, as well.

e2guardian is a web content filter which allows filtering https traffic.

Version 5.5.0 (pre) can be compiled with SSL support for openwrt (Makefile below).

I am new to compiling for openwrt. Probably, the Makefile could be improved in order to better align with openwrt's package design, but it should be sufficient to understand how to compile it and get it packaged.

1. Prepare a build system as described in the Hello World example. Use the latest state of openwrt master branch.
  2. Prepare an application for packaging with Makefile below in the same way as described in Hello World example and the documentation about creating packages.
  3. If you want to build for raspberry pi then make sure to run make menuconfig and select correct target BCM27xx and subtarget BCM2711 boards (64bit).
  4. Create the package (make package/e2guardian/compile V=sc).
  5. Copy resulting ipk package to openwrt and install it.
  6. E.g. follow nice video tutorial in order to setup filtering of HTTPS traffic.

I use e2guardian in combination with a squid proxy and it works quite well for web browsing at home.

Makefile

include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk

PKG_FIXUP:=autoreconf

PKG_NAME:=e2guardian
PKG_VERSION:=5.5.0r-pre0
PKG_RELEASE:=1
PKG_BUILD_DEPENDS:=libtool
PKG_INSTALL:=1

PKG_SOURCE_PROTO:=git
PKG_SOURCE:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION).tar.gz
PKG_SOURCE_URL:=https://github.com/e2guardian/e2guardian.git
PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=289335e189b7e5c77e3f2a0371490b5ddd6c8e6e
PKG_BUILD_DIR:=$(BUILD_DIR)/$(PKG_NAME)
PKG_SOURCE_SUBDIR:=$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION)

include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk

define Package/e2guardian
	SECTION:=examples
	CATEGORY:=Examples
	TITLE:=e2guardian
	DEPENDS:=+zlib +libpcre +libstdcpp +libc +libopenssl 
endef

define Package/e2guardian/description
	E2guardian is a fork of Dansguardian Project with many improvements and bug fixes and an active development community.
	Features: Built-in content scanner plugin system which includes AV scanning, can be configured to have multiple filter configurations to provide varying degrees of web filtering to different groups of users, SSL Inspection (Version 3.1 Needed), NTLM and persistent connection support, digest authentication support, basic authentication support, IP authentication support, DNS authentication support, header analysis and manipulation - you can also manipulate cookies, large file (2GB+) download & scanning support, whitelist domains and urls, blacklist domains and urls, greylist domains and urls, deny regular Expressions on urls, body content, and headers (also in greylist mode), URL regular expression replacement so you can for example force safe search in search engines, deep URL scanning to spot URLs in URLs to for example block images in Google images, advanced advert blocking, blanket SSL blocking so you can block SSL anonymous proxies (without using SSL Bump), referer exceptions based on URL, time based Blocking
endef

define Build/Prepare
	mkdir -p $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)
	cp -r $(DL_DIR)/$(PKG_SOURCE) $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/.
	(cd $(PKG_BUILD_DIR); tar -xvzf $(PKG_SOURCE))
	mv $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/$(PKG_NAME)-$(PKG_VERSION)/* $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/.
	sed -i 's/nobody/root/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	sed -i 's/--enable-clamd@<:@=no@:>@/--enable-clamd@<:@=yes@:>@/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	sed -i 's/--enable-icap@<:@=no@:>@/--enable-icap@<:@=yes@:>@/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	sed -i 's/--enable-commandline@<:@=no@:>@/--enable-commandline@<:@=yes@:>@/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	sed -i 's/--enable-email@<:@=no@:>@/--enable-email@<:@=yes@:>@/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	sed -i 's/--enable-ntlm@<:@=no@:>@/--enable-ntlm@<:@=yes@:>@/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	sed -i 's/--enable-pcre@<:@=no@:>@/--enable-pcre@<:@=yes@:>@/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	sed -i 's/--enable-sslmitm@<:@=no@:>@/--enable-sslmitm@<:@=yes@:>@/' $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/configure.ac
	(cd $(PKG_BUILD_DIR); ./autogen.sh)
	$(Build/Patch)
endef

CONFIGURE_ARGS += \
	--enable-clamd=yes \
	--with-proxyuser=root \
	--with-proxygroup=root \
	--sysconfdir=/etc \
	--localstatedir=/var \
	--enable-icap=yes \
	--enable-commandline=yes \
	--enable-email=yes \