Dynalink DL-WRX36 Askey RT5010W IPQ8072A technical discussion

Thanks. Posted my findings there.
Also will be experimenting with proxy_arp_pvlan.

where did you find these files

In the current snapshot (r22755), the WLAN is completely out of order. Absolutely no log entries.

Not for me. Updated this morning fine.

How can I extract the boardfile from the partition dump?

I just flashed it again.. now the wifi is working again

There has been a lot of talk about WLAN speed now. What about the USB speed? I have just tested a USB 3.1 enclosure with SSD as extroot. I have chosen BTRFS as file system. Somehow I get only about 40 MB/s throughput. What do your experiences say ?

60-70mb/s with a usb 3 Philips ssd ext4 formatted, maybe I can get more. Bloody Windows defender hits 100% when copying files with samba.

Can you measure the file system speed ?
For example with "dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct" or "hdparm -tT --direct /dev/sda" ?

My hdparm result is:

/dev/sda:
 Timing O_DIRECT cached reads: 674 MB in 2.00 seconds = 336.60 MB/sec
 Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 1022 MB in 3.00 seconds = 340.21 MB/sec
pv testfile > /dev/null
2.00GiB 0:00:05 [ 401MiB/s] [=================================================================================================================================================================>] 100%

With vsftpd I get 112 MB/s

Usb hdd or ssd ext4 120MB/s read and little less write, btrfs nearly the same . Over wifi, hadn't time to test ober etherniet.

FCC ID: H8NRT5010W-D350
https://fccid.io/H8NRT5010W-D350

They have pdfs with internal photos (with macro photos of the chips markings).

2 Likes
root@OpenWrt:~# hdparm -tT --direct /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing O_DIRECT cached reads:   608 MB in  2.00 seconds = 303.38 MB/sec
 Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 1022 MB in  3.00 seconds = 340.51 MB/sec

notice that system is not idle while doing this

the other method gives an out of memory error

root@OpenWrt:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct
dd: out of memory

A week ago, I successfully flashed OpenWrt on this router. It was working fine. Now, I upgraded it to the latest snapshot through firmware upgrade process in LUCI, and the router is no longer accessible and resetting it with the pin-hole does nothing.
Any ideas what happened and how to restore it without opening it and resorting to Serial port recovery?

Did you apply the advanced uboot parameters post install ?

Do you mean if I set it to always try booting from USB first?
I did not.

Maybe this helps:

If it was snapshot only, did you ssh and tried to install LUCI?

Not sure I understand the question. LUCI was originally installed on the first snapshot. However, after the update to the latest snapshot, the router cannot even be pinged, so no ssh connection is possible.

1 Like

Snapshot images don't have LUCI, it must be added to the image (with fw_selector/attended_sysupgrade) or installed later.

Yeah, I mean I installed LUCI on the first snapshot.