DWR-960 failed installation, all lights lit

I followed instructions on https://openwrt.org/toh/d-link/d-link_dwr-960 and now when I turn on my device, all 8 lights (besides "Singal strength") lit up almost immediately, nothing is blinking. The router cannot be accessed via Ethernet, holding "reset" button does nothing. Restarting while holding "reset" button makes no difference.

http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7620/openwrt-ramips-mt7620-dlink_dwr-960-squashfs-factory.bin is the file I've uploaded (as described on the instructions page) in the router's default Web UI. It showed progress bar, some "success" messages appeared and auto-restart was initiated.

The hardware version is "A1". The software version was "V01.02.3.CP".

Is the openwrt image broken? Alll I can do now in attempt to fix it is "play" with the serial console?
Even if I do access the console, can I use openwrt?

Judging from the commit, it should work; support has been added rather recently as well.

A few questions:

• Did you flash from a Windows or a Linux client?
  • Does your router keep rebooting?
  • Try putting a switch in between if you have one, while trying the recovery procedure.

If you're unable to get the recovery procedure going, with or without a switch, I'd look at connecting serial. You're 'lucky' in the sense that your model seems to have the connector soldered, so it should be relatively straightforward. Once that's done you should be able to interact with the bootloader.

I uploaded the OpenWRT image using Windows (Firefox).
The lights on the router are lit and they stay lit, I suspect it does not restart.
I've tried using a switch, but there effect is the same - I cannot connect with the router in any way (cannot use JBOOT).

Hello, although the hardware version on the box or my router is "A1" , the insides differ a bit from the pictures seen on https://openwrt.org/toh/d-link/d-link_dwr-960. All numbers printed on the board are the same (all that I have checked), but there are no pins soldered to help access the serial console. I managed to access it anyway, the serial console upon boot shows this (been waiting for a couple of minutes, nothing more appeared):

CDG56CDL_0T3 Jboot B972
JRecovery Version R1.2 2016/11/15 14:11
spi device id: ef 40 18 0 0 (40180000)
SPI FLASH: W25Q128FV 16M

When I keep pressing Reset when turning on the device:

CDG56CDL_0T3 Jboot B972
JRecovery Version R1.2 2016/11/15 14:11
spi device id: ef 40 18 0 0 (40180000)
SPI FLASH: W25Q128FV 16M
Reset button had been pressed
.Reset button had been pressed

What can I do now to restore any functionality?

D-Link might have neutered the serial. At least it still responds to the reset button. Did you check your model's manual on how to restore the stock image? D-Links often have a sturdy recovery in place.

Hello, the manual describes only one recovery procedure - holding reset button for 10 seconds. It should bring back the default settings (but I think I am far beyond that option). I've tried holding the reset in various ways (before and after power on, holding for a short time, long time, etc.) and there is no progress, the serial console does not go past "two dots".

Is there a way to program the chip, upload the image accessible on D-Link site directly to some chip?