Router : Dlink Dir-885L
OpenWRT Version : OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r18684-0c635cf830
Hey I am having a hell of a time configuring my AP.
I setup a VLAN in pfsense aswell as created a dhcp server in pfsense.
vlan IP subnet : 192.168.100.0/24
router IP : 192.168.100.100
gateway : 192.168.100.1
firewall IP : 192.168.1.1
I've connected my router to the vlan port as a dhcp client and have assigned a static mac address for the lan connection so that the router can get the same address each time it restarts (Because the port mac is randomized on each reset and static ip assignment does not work with the vlan), the router can update opkg and ping other subnets and is full internet accessible.
Heres where the problems start. After I create a wifi network and try to connect a client to it, I cannot get assigned an ip address. My DHCP requests do not get received by my firewall. The router gets one when I plug it in but none of my wireless clients will.
I have found a workaround by adding this line to dnsmasq.conf
This allows me to get an ip address from my firewall.
When my wireless client gets on the wireless network with an IP for example 192.168.100.8 it does not have an internet connection. Capturing packets at the firewall shows no traffic or requests comming from 192.168.100.8. On my client I cannot ping the gateway 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.1.1. I can only ping the router 192.168.100.100.
So basically the way I see it right now, the wifi clients can only get to the router but no farther, thats why they cannot receive ip addresses in the first place. I've got rules set to on the firewall to allow any and all traffic on the wifi vlan.
I've tried all types of configurations over the past 3 days and I cannot get anywhere. I've disabled the dhcp and firewall on the router and tried everything on the dumb AP tutorial. Ive also tried all different types of wifi networks The only thing I am not doing normally is using dhcp for the router ip because static addresses do not work over the vlan. If anyone has any help they could lend me I would really appreciate it.
Here are copies of my network settings
config interface 'loopback' option device 'lo' option proto 'static' option ipaddr '127.0.0.1' option netmask '255.0.0.0' config globals 'globals' config device option name 'br-lan' option type 'bridge' list ports 'lan1' list ports 'lan2' list ports 'lan3' list ports 'lan4' option macaddr '86:19:ed:97:34:1a' option ipv6 '0' config interface 'lan' option device 'br-lan' option proto 'dhcp' option netmask '255.255.255.0' option gateway '192.168.100.1' option dns '192.168.100.1'
config dnsmasq option localise_queries '1' option rebind_protection '1' option rebind_localhost '1' option local '/lan/' option domain 'lan' option expandhosts '1' option leasefile '/tmp/dhcp.leases' option resolvfile '/tmp/resolv.conf.d/resolv.conf.auto' option localservice '1' option ednspacket_max '1232' config dhcp 'lan' option interface 'lan' option start '100' option limit '150' option leasetime '12h' option dhcpv4 'server' option ignore '1' list ra_flags 'none' config dhcp 'wan' option interface 'wan' option ignore '1' config odhcpd 'odhcpd' option maindhcp '0' option leasefile '/tmp/hosts/odhcpd' option leasetrigger '/usr/sbin/odhcpd-update' option loglevel '4'