DSL not recognised on BTHH5A running 23.05

Hello Experts.

Finally I decided to upgrade my BTHH5A running ver 22.03 to ver 23.05. The attended sysupgrade offered to build the firmware for me. Accordingly I built the fw for 23.05 and ran sysupgrade while preserving the config. There was a red flag warning suggesting me to abandon config, but I ignored. The sysupgrade went through well. The router worked fine except it refused to recognise the dsl. I changed the device option from dsl0.101 to dsl0, but no luck after reboot.

So I decided to reflash the router with sysupgrade -n option, just in case...! Again same situation. Everything is alright except dsl !

What am I missing or perhaps doing wrong? Here is the relevent portion from my network config.

/etc/config/network :

config dsl 'dsl'
	option annex 'b'
	option tone 'a'
	option xfer_mode 'ptm'
	option ds_snr_offset '-30'
	option line_mode 'vdsl'

config device 'wan_dsl0_dev'
	option name 'dsl0'
	option macaddr '12:34:56:78:90:ab'

config interface 'wan'
	option device 'dsl0.101'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option norelease '1'
	option reqopts '43'
	option peerdns '0'
	option hostname '*'
	option clientid '736f6d657468696e6740736b7964736c7c616e797468696e67'
	option delegate '0'

config interface 'wan6'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'
	option reqprefix 'auto'
	option peerdns '0'
	option reqaddress 'try'
	option device '@wan'
	option norelease '0'
	option sourcefilter '0'
	option ip6assign '64'
	list ip6class 'wan6'

This config works very well on 22.03 but no dsl recognised on 23.05. The dsl0 still shows up in LuCI --> Network --> Device tab. But Luci --> Network --> Interfaces --> WAN --> (edit) --> General Settings --> Device Drop Down Menu shows dsl0.101 as an Absent Interface.

How do I make it a Software Interface as seen in 22.03 ?

Thank you for reading. All suggestions are welcome. :slight_smile:

-Gamma

Update :

I got it. Somehow package ltq-vdsl-vr9-app was missing. I installed it and DSL is up.

Don't know why Attended Sysupgrade did not include the package in the fw build.

Thanks for reading.

-Gamma

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.