Double NAT Problem with two devices

1. Find out the IP your Fritzbox assigned to your OpenWrt Device
    a. Go to Heimnetz/Netzwerk/Netzwerkverbindungen – here you’ll find your device under “aktive Verbindungen”. -> This will be your Gateway!!!

2. Go to Heimnetz/Netzwerkeinstellungen -> under "Statische Routingtabelle" go to -> IPv4-Routen -> Neue IPv4-Route

3. And set it up like this:

Under Gateway fill in the IP from step 1

1 Like

Okay I did this and it worked. I could disable masquerading but still have two private hops in tracert test right?
Capture

That's good!
Disable masquerading on your wan firewall zone and you should be good to go...

Hmm I did but still get the tracert result as above

Let’s see a screenshot of the static route you added to your main router, as well as the status page of your openwrt router (specifically the ipv4 upstream section)

Here

That looks correct. It should be working - do devices on your openwrt network have normal internet connectivity? The trace route you showed earlier seems right, too.

Yes everything works but I thought I still have double nat. All right :slight_smile:

No, you do not have double nat anymore since nat masquerading is disabled on your openwrt router. What you have now is a single nat (from your main router) and then symmetric routing between the two routers.

1 Like

Thanks for this explanation. And thanks to Hudra and Pico too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.