Does zabbix-extra-wifi work for you?

Homehub 5a running 23.05.3. Originally I had this problem on 19.07 and upgraded but it made no difference.

The package zabbix-extra-wifi installs /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf.d/wifi which provides some additional parameters for Zabbix agent, eg:

wifi.iwinfo.channel[*]

which calls:

lua -l iwinfo -e "print(iwinfo[iwinfo.type('$1')].channel('$1'))"

where $1 is replaced with an interface like phy0-ap0, and this works:

$ zabbix_get -k wifi.iwinfo.channel[phy0-ap0] -s loftap
$ zabbix_get -k wifi.iwinfo.nbusers[phy0-ap0] -s loftap

Zabbix needs the discovery item wifi.ifdiscovery to work for this to be of any practical use.
From the Zabbix server, the expected output from the agent on loftap would be a list of interfaces:

$ zabbix_get -k wifi.ifdiscovery -s loftap
lua: (command line):1: bad argument #1 to 'type' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'type'
        (command line):1: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

This is the code for the discovery but I don't know what about it is wrong:

UserParameter=wifi.ifdiscovery, lua -l ubus -l iwinfo -e 'u=ubus.connect();list="{\"data\":[";stat=u:call("network.wireless", "status", {});for dev, dev_table in pairs(stat) do for i, iface in pairs(dev_table["interfaces"]) do c=iface["config"];i=iface["ifname"];t=iwinfo.type(i);iw=iwinfo[t];e = iw.encryption(i);e = e and e.description or "None";n = table.concat(c["network"]," ");list=list.."{\"{#IF}\":\""..i.."\", \"{#MODE}\":\""..iw.mode(i).."\", \"{#SSID}\":\""..c["ssid"].."\", \"{#NET}\":\""..n.."\", \"{#DEV}\":\""..dev.."\", \"{#ENC}\":\""..e.."\", \"{#TYPE}\":\""..t.."\", \"{#HWMODE}\":\"".."?".."\", \"{#CHANNEL}\":\""..iw.channel(i).."\", \"{#BSSID}\":\""..iw.bssid(i).."\"},";end;end;list=string.gsub(list,",$","");print(list.."]}")'

I tried to run that lua 1-liner through an un-minifier but the output isn't readable. I think the 1-liner has some escapes in it that either the shell or the Zabbix agent requires, which confuses the un-minifier.

This looks like an attempt to fix this

but the fix is from 6 years ago and I can't believe that it would have stayed broken for this long!

This is somehow a model-specific issue. The one it doesn't work on is a Homehub 5a. I have installed 23.05.3 on a UAP-AC-Lite, and the discovery script works fine! Not sure what would explain this.