Does WRT3200ACM stock firmware perform well or is it also flaky?

I have a WRT1900ACS and although I have been very happy with its wired performance, its wifi has been unreliable.

Much has been said that the WRT3200ACM also has unreliable wifi. I understand things are improving on these models, but what is the state of the stock firmware? Does the WRT3200ACM stock firmware give reliable, fast (e.g., 400Mbps or more) speeds when on AC wireless? Or is the stock firmware also not as reliable?

I am not having any issues with the wireless on my WRT3200ACM

I would bet most people around here are not running stock firmware...

I would bet most people around here are not running stock firmware...

Sure, but they might have tried out the stock firmware or tested it before installing LEDE.

I am not having any issues with the wireless on my WRT3200ACM

So what explains the trouble I'm having (and I read a lot of other folks here and elsewhere having trouble). Are you using a different build or something. Most of the time I can't even get wifi to come up on wrt1900ACS. And if it does connect the connect speed is erratic.

WRT3200ACM(lede) 5 ghz is being bridged by an R8000 running ddwrt. DDwrt is showing the bridge holding at about 1100. My xbox hardwired to the bridge reports on it's network test, better speeds then if it was hardwired to the router.

WRT1900ACv2(lede) is an AP , exceptional wireless and network speed.

I can't even get wireless to come on anymore with WRT1900ACS if I set WPA2 encryption. This is after a clean install of 17.01.2 with Keep Setting unticked. If I disable encryption, I can get the wifi on but then I experience drop outs, slow connectivity, etc.

I've pretty much given up on WRT1900ACS for wifi. Sounds like you're doing some complicated setup to get it to work. Strange that I can't even get it to turn on. Have none of these issues on my other routers.