Does opkg have source priority like apt?

When 2 or more repos have the same software, can I make opkg choose the repo I want with some options like "priority"?

All official reps should have the same content,
what do you want to prioritize?

The short answer is no, it does not - opkg is small, and with the lack of size comes the lack of features.

1 Like

When I compile a firmware, even though I am using the stable branch, all kmod-* packages will become imcompatible. So I wonder if I can user "priority" to let opkg prefer my own kmod-* packages.

However now its solved. I found that if I have my build config based on the official config file (for example https://mirrors.ustc.edu.cn/openwrt/releases/21.02.3/targets/ramips/mt7621/config.buildinfo) I will have a full openwrt_core repo under the "packages" dir. I just need to replace the openwrt_core section in distfeed.conf to get what I want.

*Yep, this is not a solution, but in fact this problem is nonsense. OpenWrt is not like typical distros like debian and it does not need something like "source priority".

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.